Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

is my coil removal the reason for feeling sick?

(5 Posts)
vixen8 Tue 23-Jun-15 00:55:25

I feel so silly asking this, like seriously silly. I had a period on 25th May and then had my coil removed on the 10th June, i was having sex with my partner and on the 14th june i had a really weird period, it didn't last long and was extremely light. But from then i have been feeling sick, i have no apetite and my body feels so tired. I keep getting tummy cramps,mainly after eating or at times of relaxing. I do not believe i could be pregnant. Are my aches and light period the result of my coil removal?

PixieChops Tue 23-Jun-15 00:57:29

I've never had a coil but if you think you may be pregnant do a test. The clear blue ones a really good smile Hope whatever the outcome you are happy.
It may just be your hormones settling bac k down, have you tried googling your question to see if anyone else has had your symptoms?

tinyme135 Tue 23-Jun-15 08:00:22

I had both coils and had to have them removed cause of discomfort but I honestly don't remember feeling the way you did, I had a fee cramps cause my body was getting use to it not being there but beside that nothing.

Do a test to be on the safe side xx

lemon101 Tue 23-Jun-15 11:20:08

Hello,

do a test definitely, but tbh I was hormonally a bit all over the place after I had the copper coil removed. Its not meant to have any effect on you since it has no progesterone unlike the Mirena but my period was 13 days late after getting it out and I was convinced we'd got up the duff at the first try!

My periods also went down to 2 days and were really light after having the coil out - I'd actually forgotten the coil had made them heavier and longer (I'd had one in for 8 years!).

good luck!

vixen8 Tue 23-Jun-15 11:40:26

Thank you all for your replies!smile

Is it timing okay to do a test or am i better to wait a few more weeks? I was going to do my first test around the middle of July, but would it be okay to test now?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now