Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What are you going to miss when you've had your baby?

(32 Posts)
FeelTheNoise Mon 22-Jun-15 20:07:59

I'm going to miss my boobs! After fb, anyway.
And not having to worry about my stomach. It's currently massive and I'm so proud of it grin I don't want to have to go back to sucking it in again hmm
And not having to buy tampons or bother with periods

FeelTheNoise Mon 22-Jun-15 20:08:40

Bf (breast feeding) not fb confused be glad to get my brain back!

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Mon 22-Jun-15 20:09:24

Nothing! This is DC2 and having a massive bump while running around after an 18 month old is hard work. Even the lack of periods can't make up for that.

BlueBananas Mon 22-Jun-15 20:10:42

My bump!
That's it - I hate everything else about being pregnant!

Hardtoknow Mon 22-Jun-15 20:13:47

My "baby" is 3 but I still miss folding my arms and resting them on top of my bump. I found that a really comfortable position. Sometimes, I still go to do it and am momentarily mystified when my arms plummet down as there is nothing to rest them on.

StrawberryCheese Mon 22-Jun-15 20:21:27

I'll also miss the fact that I don't need to hold my tummy in. Quite glad it will be autumn/winter in the initial months after birth so I can hide the wobble under jumpers!

guinnessgirl Mon 22-Jun-15 20:22:25

nothing at all. Hasn't been a bad pregnancy but I'm quite certain I don't want to do this again, and am very keen to stop looking like a whale grin

Orangeisthenewbanana Mon 22-Jun-15 20:27:51

Feel of baby kicking - 17 weeks this week and have just started to be sure that that's what I'm feeling smile. This is DC2 and quite probably our last, so am a bit sad I'll never get to experience that again once he/she is born. Also my bump, but I know that will be more of a pain later on!

Yy to not having to worry about periods too!

HazleNutt Mon 22-Jun-15 20:29:43

The terrified looks I get from new people in my Bodypump classes grin

Otherwise glad I'm not doing it again.

Ftmum00 Mon 22-Jun-15 20:30:44

That fact that I'll have wear tampons again and I won't have an excuse for overly eating blush

trilbydoll Mon 22-Jun-15 20:39:04

DD is 2yo and I miss deciding to go somewhere, getting in the car, arriving at my destination and just walking in. No faffing with a pram, change bag, have we got dummy / drink / snack... Even when heavily pregnant I moved quicker than I can now!

Cheshirehello79 Mon 22-Jun-15 20:46:53

Going baby clothes shopping and still thinking if it going to be a boy or a girl- like the surprise and excuse for being fat :-) still long way to go but I'll miss my bump that's currently protruding day by day

Runningupthathill82 Mon 22-Jun-15 20:54:04

Sleep. That's it. I loathe being pregnant, but at least I'm only up 2/3 times a night.

Soon sleep will be a thing of the past again. Sob.

misssmilla1 Mon 22-Jun-15 20:54:05

Not having periods.

AbbeyRoadCrossing Mon 22-Jun-15 20:59:43

I'll miss the kicks and the feeling that they are safe in there. It's even more worry once they are out. And the one on one time with DS as juggling two will change things.

FeelTheNoise Mon 22-Jun-15 21:07:01

Oh yes, sleep!

blowinahoolie Mon 22-Jun-15 21:16:30

I'm not sleeping well at the moment, up every two hours at the toilet all through the night, so there won't be a great deal of difference once the baby arrives. I'm already suffering from sleep deprivation!

I'm enjoying not having periods. I'm not enjoying this pregnancy as I'm just so tired all the time. 31 weeks. Still got several weeks to go yet!

sarah00001 Mon 22-Jun-15 21:21:27

I'm almost at the end now at 39 weeks, but despite it being difficult and uncomfortable, I'm actually quite sad at the thought of not being pregnant even though I can't wait to meet my baby. What I'll miss are:

The sheer novelty of being pregnant, having gone through the heartbreak of infertility and thinking I'd never have a baby,
Being proud of my body for growing a baby inside it,
My lovely big bump,
Feeling my baby move inside me,
Buying baby clothes for my own baby rather than someone else's
Deciding on a name
Just being able to say I'm pregnant!

blueshoes Mon 22-Jun-15 22:04:56

Holidays where I get to do what I want when I want. Holidays that I actually enjoy.

ARV1981 Mon 22-Jun-15 22:10:18

I don't think I'll miss anything... perhaps 'me time', but I don't get a lot of that anyway...

dillydollydarling Mon 22-Jun-15 22:11:13

Not having periods, feeling baby moving around and the feeling of knowing that I'm carrying our child.

Apart from that, I can't wait for this pregnancy to be over!!

MissTwister Mon 22-Jun-15 22:11:35

My husband doing absolutely everything for me!

coneywonder Mon 22-Jun-15 22:15:54

I'll miss sleep. Day time naps that im sneaking in now I'm on mat leave.
I'll miss my massive bump
ill miss having baby all to myself
ill miss lazy mornings with my oh, even though they will be more fun with a little one.
I'll miss being able to say "I'm pregnant"

Number3cometome Tue 23-Jun-15 12:01:46

1) Not having periods
2) Not having to take my pill
3) Not having to worry about getting pregnant
4) People making conversation with me and smiling lots
5) The wonder of feeling baby move about
6) Telling my kids they have to help out more because "Mummy is growing a baby and it's hard work"
7) OH carrying the shopping bags

I will not miss waddling, SPD, sleepless nights (oh hang on.......)

changingagain Tue 23-Jun-15 14:48:23

I'm sure both DH and I will miss the lack of responsibility ut pregnancy wise I'll only miss seeing/ feeling him move.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now