Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Rock hard tummy

(4 Posts)
Moominy12 Mon 22-Jun-15 14:08:03

I'm 37 weeks and had braxton hicks in the past but today my tummy just seem to be tight constantly!

It's not painful but hurts as its so hard when I lean forward or back, quite hard to carry/walk. Even finding it hard to cross my legs

Is this just braxton hicks at its worst?

sarah00001 Mon 22-Jun-15 16:04:59

Hi, I am almost 39 weeks and I've had exactly the same thing happen to me for the past couple of weeks. Before, when I had braxton hicks, my womb would go tight for about 30 seconds or so, but now it goes tight for ages. Driving my car makes always makes it tight and will last the whole journey, as does sitting in certain positions at home. I do find it uncomfortable and find walking around helps, even though its hard initially.

weelamb123 Mon 22-Jun-15 18:05:59

Me too. I'm 36 weeks &been having these tightenings since 30 weeks. Past week or two have been unbareable. Tummy is hard more than its soft. Had driving lesson today and I was in agony, couldn't do manovers properly. Was hoping to sit test before baby out but think I might need to give in and wait until after baby. Xxx

TheyGotTheMustardOut Mon 22-Jun-15 18:14:28

If you're a low risk pregnancy and you are still feeling baby move regularly (normally for your baby) then it is probably just BH.

I had it in my last pregnancy from 30 weeks. I went in for a trace once but there was no problem.

Call your MW or hospital if you are high risk or the baby's movements are reduced from what they usually are.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now