Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feeling sorry for myself :(

(4 Posts)
Glitterball86 Mon 22-Jun-15 13:42:50

Had a lacroscopy for removal of appendix at 11+3, am now 26+6 and experiencing excruciating pain around the bellybutton where the main incision was made :/
Following a trip to the Antenatel assessment unit last night have been told the pain is due from the scar tissue stretching and it could be something I have to deal with for quite some time but am only able to take paracetamol sad

Sorry for ranting and having a moan just had to be done - I currently live with two men and they are not sympathetic in the slightest and have no idea about the problems us women can experience during pregnancy lol

WannabeLaraCroft Mon 22-Jun-15 13:59:48

flowers

That must be horrendous! Not just the pain - living with two men! grin

lemon101 Mon 22-Jun-15 14:01:51

ooooh! That sounds really crap sad.

You definitely have sympathy from me and some flowers flowers and a cake cake! Wish I could suggest something to help (used to research pain for a living, but can't really think of anything other than distraction which is not a useful suggestion right now I bet).

Hopefully some other ladies will rock up with some better insights and similar experiences! But I hope you find something that works....

I was able to take codeine in pregnancy due to really bad SPD. I thought this was a big no-no but my GP did prescribe it and said I shouldn't take it after 36 weeks or something. Might be an option if you are so much pain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now