Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Will I ever feel 'normal'?

(4 Posts)
mumchkin Mon 22-Jun-15 06:12:33

Apologies if this has been asked before... this is my first post. I am 12 + 5 weeks pregnant and am still suffering from exhaustion and waves of nausea for most of the day. It seems to be abating a little and there are moments (that usually last about 1-2 minutes) where I feel myself again - not sick or crushed by exhaustion. I keep reading posts about the 'honeymoon trimester' but also how happy others were to give birth and "not feel pregnant anymore". So my question is - will I feel normal again at any point in the next 7 months, for longer than a few moments at a time? Or will I feel off colour, until after I give birth? I can take the bad news... just would like to know so I can mentally prepare myself! Thanks for reading x

shinysparklythings Mon 22-Jun-15 06:17:46

I'm 16weeks today and have felt normalish for about two weeks. I'm not going to lie, I'm still more tired than prepregnancy but nowhere near the level of exhaustion as before. I still have the odd bout of nausea but again nothing compared to the relentless non stop nausea of the first ~14 weeks. Hope it eases for you x

madwomanbackintheattic Mon 22-Jun-15 06:25:50

Every pg is different, even for the same woman. I threw up all the way until labour with ds, whereas I stopped at about 21 weeks with dd1. I wasn't particularly sick at all with dd2. I don't remember feeling particularly tired with any of them, but I moved countries during two of the pregnancies and had dh blown up and give a 20% chance of survival with the other one, so it may be that my memory is off!!

In any case, there is no way of telling in advance as every pg is different.
Hope you feel better soon.

GotTheKey Mon 22-Jun-15 06:36:09

I'm 19+2 and this morning I've woken up feeling sick and every night I'm in bed between 7&8. Also exhausted all day. No honeymoon period for me yet but everyone is different so fingers crossed for you!!! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now