Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bugaboo Chameleon or Jane Epic?

(5 Posts)
Ladypug Sun 21-Jun-15 23:48:42

Just that really, like Bugaboo Chameleon and Jane Epic and can't decide. My dad has also seen Uppababy models and says they are good too.

Requirements:

Not too heavy
Easy to collapse
Easy to manoeuvre in alleys
Suitable for coastal paths and cobbles

Open to all comments and experience...

contractor6 Mon 22-Jun-15 06:58:49

We've just ordered the Jane cross walk, which is a model up from epic, released in may. The epic cant put baby in until 6 months without the carry it, whereas crosswalk can. It also feels a lot more rugged. Its fairly light and compact. We have bought for living in city but weekends more off road in country.
Easy to collapse.

ARV1981 Mon 22-Jun-15 07:05:59

We're getting the uppa baby vista (getting at the end of July as baby's due in mid September). My sister has one and has been using it constantly for nearly 2 years with her son and had similar requirements to you. My sil in law has one for her baby too and loves it.

I was impressed by how it pushed, seemed really smooth, both using my relative's ones and when we went to John Lewis to try.

Not sure if you're aware, but John Lewis will let you take them to your car so you can see how they fit (if you park in their car park obvs). So that might be something you could do - wheeling them through a shop and into a car park gives a better idea than just round the shop iyswim. Also the one we were comparing it to is smaller when unfolded, but somehow bigger when folded and didn't actually fit in our car, so saved an expensive mistake!!!

However, I never compared it to your other choices, the bugaboo is too expensive for us, and I've not seen/heard of the other. So, I don't know how it compares!

I think you need to try them out (if you haven't already) and weigh up the pro's and con's of each.

HTH

HazleNutt Mon 22-Jun-15 07:26:05

I have a Cameleon and it's great for both city and cobbled paths, and also lighter than Uppababy. Only thing to note is that while it's very easy to fold, it folds in 2 parts - no problem if you need to put it in the car, but not ideal if you want one for public transport.

Cockbollocks Mon 22-Jun-15 07:28:55

We had two on our shortlist the chameleon and the joolz day.

Both similar prices but I chose the joolz in the end, I love it and would recommend you try one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now