Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I'll be 13.4 at my dating scan is this ok?

(3 Posts)
mayaknew Sun 21-Jun-15 18:57:05

I got my 12 week scan appointment in and going by LMP I will be 13.4 . Both my previous pregnancies have been dating one week forward at my dating scan so if that little tradition continues I'll be dated 14.4 . Is this ok to get accurate measurements ?

I know it's more accurate to be done within a certain time frame . Just wondering whether I should try and get the scan pushed forward a week plus I really want to tell people grin

GuybrushThreepwoodMP Sun 21-Jun-15 19:05:12

Do you know when you ovulated? Dating scan can happen anytime but if you want the down's screening, that should be between 11 and 13+6. If you find you're past that, I think it can be done through blood test anyway, but worth checking. I was 13+4 but measured 14. They still got the measurements they needed.

mayaknew Mon 22-Jun-15 08:42:08

Ah ok so it's to do with the downs test . Ok that's fine I won't be getting that so I will just keep my original date .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now