Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What's the deal with not feeling very much movement?

(11 Posts)
Teaching123 Sun 21-Jun-15 16:07:08

I think I'm over thinking things but hey!

27 weeks tomorrow, DD2, she's normally really really active but I've felt her move once today. Do I lie down & drink water for longer to try and feel her again? Or actually get a bit worried?! And if I do get worried who I do ring/tell on a Sunday afternoon?!

Thanks in advance.

hartic Sun 21-Jun-15 16:09:13

Try some ice cold water, really quickly. It could just be that she's sleeping, a bit of a shock from cold may get her moving. If not call your local maternity unit for advice.

Jellybean100 Sun 21-Jun-15 16:10:10

Hi, yes drink a pint of water and lie on your side for an hour. You should get a good amount of movements whilst lying on your side. If not, ring your local maternity unit- they are 24/7. You should have been given these numbers by your midwife

trilbydoll Sun 21-Jun-15 16:12:17

Your notes should have a list of numbers - you want the antenatal ward.

Drink a pint of something cold, and lie on your left for an hour or so.

It could be she's moved slightly, I went in for reduced movements and the monitor was picking up movements I couldn't feel. Fx she's just having a lazy Sunday.

Teaching123 Sun 21-Jun-15 16:12:55

Thank you... Getting the water now!

Shop Sun 21-Jun-15 16:18:32

It's not just reduced movement you need to speak to your midwife about its changes to your baby's pattern of movement.
This is a very useful charity www.countthekicks.org.uk

Shop Sun 21-Jun-15 16:18:55

*useful website

Sanch1 Sun 21-Jun-15 17:45:27

The guidelines now are to not bother with cold drinks, sugar etc. Any change in the movement pattern needs to be reported to maternity assessment/triage. Please phone them straight away.

OMC1 Sun 21-Jun-15 21:11:10

I had this last week, I phoned the hospital straight away (the phone number should be on the first page of your notes) and they told me to come straight in; was seen immediately and monitored for an hour; baby is fine! The machine picked up lots of movements I couldn't feel.

Definitely give them a ring.

Teaching123 Mon 22-Jun-15 16:45:30

Thanks everyone. I gave the hosp a ring & went in. Everything is fine but they were great and didn't make me feel stupid for ringing at all. Was reassuring smile

batfish Mon 22-Jun-15 17:08:31

Glad everything is OK teaching and well done for going in.

I had the same yesterday - I am 25 weeks and usually get loads of kicks in the evening and last night absolutely nothing. I laid on my left hand side for ages and drank a massive glass of ice cold water and tried shaking my stomach around and nothing - I went to bed feeling pretty worried but I didn't know what to do as I don't live in the UK and realised I have no idea who to call if I'm worried! Anyway today I've had the crap kicked out of me so I'm very happy smile Seeing doc on Saturday though so I'm definitely going to ask him who I call if I'm worried again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now