Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Information on first scan appointment

(12 Posts)
Tonkina Sun 21-Jun-15 09:26:56

Hi,
Sorry if this is a silly question, but this is my first pregnancy so I haven't really got a clue about anything! I'm 10 weeks and waiting to find out when my first scan will be. Can anyone tell me how far in advance they usually let you know?
Thanks smile

Littlemissjt Sun 21-Jun-15 09:30:30

I think it varies between areas. I phoned up when I just found out and they gave me my booking app at 10 weeks and my scan at 12 weeks over the phone. I was about 4 weeks at the time.
Hopefully you'll get a date soon.

5YearsTime Sun 21-Jun-15 09:31:51

I didn't know by 9+5 but happened to be admitted to the hospital for HG so asked my hospital
Midwife if she had anyway of finding out. Does tend to be very close!

chopsface Sun 21-Jun-15 09:49:01

Hi tonkina have you had your booking in with the midwife? I had mine at around 9w and then she ordered the scan at that appointment and I was sent a date in the post a few days later.

Topsy34 Sun 21-Jun-15 09:51:26

If you hav had your booking appointment, your mw will book you with the hospital and the hospital will send you a letter with the appointment on. My mw said that if i hadnt recoved the appointment by 12+5 i had to ring, but they sent it in plenty of time

gallicgirl Sun 21-Jun-15 09:54:49

Usually a couple of weeks. You need a scan by 14 weeks at the latest for the nuchal fold measurements.
When did you have your booking-in appointment with your mw?

Tonkina Sun 21-Jun-15 10:10:49

Thanks all. I had my booking appointment at 8+4. MW said that the scan would probably be by 12 weeks, but I didn't think to ask how far in advance I'd know. I'm only fretting because I'll need to book the time off work.

gallicgirl Sun 21-Jun-15 11:10:05

You're legally entitled to time off work. You don't need to book it - unless of course you don't want anyone to know yet.

dreamygirl25 Sun 21-Jun-15 13:52:43

Hi tonika, I'm 10 weeks and 2 days and had my scan letter throug for 2nd week july. They are quite quick where I am, so it won't be long. I heard they try to get your first scan between 10-14 weeks. The next few weeks are gonna drag!! Xx

Mamabear14 Sun 21-Jun-15 14:25:40

My midwife phoned them at my booking appt and got my date and time. Then it was confirmed in the post a few days later

tinyme135 Sun 21-Jun-15 21:28:17

Unfortunately I didn't have much luck with my dating scan. I had an appointment and if I hadn't have phoned I would have had my scan at 15 weeks. I'm now waiting for the 2nd July to find out how far gone I am and can't wait. I'm 11 + 5 weeks smile

Congratulations too xx

U8myufo Mon 22-Jun-15 13:54:17

I am 13 weeks and still no sign of a scan date! I wanted the NT scan but they need to do this by 14 weeks I think? If so, they have 4 days! But yes everyone's right you should have it around 12 weeks. All the best!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now