Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Heartburn and vomiting at 34wks

(14 Posts)
Nottalotta Sat 20-Jun-15 17:34:16

It is horrendous. I have had mild hearburn for a while, two rennies before bed helped for a couple if weeks. Then started taking ranitidine, and that seemed to help for a few weeks.

In the last few days it has hit a whole new level. Not just at night but during the day also. To the point where its making me sick. Have taken two ranitidine today which means i cant take any more.

Any other solutions? Gaviscon makes me want to vomit, but then i am anyway....... Its like a viscious circle.

Ugh.

Stinkylinky Sat 20-Jun-15 17:54:20

I'm exactly the same, not kept down any food for 3 days now.

Ranitinde has stopped working all together sad

Nottalotta Sat 20-Jun-15 18:12:51

Oh no stinky that is really not what i want to hear!! Its awful isn't it? I can't imagine going through 6 more weeks of this. :-(

D00dles Sat 20-Jun-15 18:58:39

I've had this too. I'm now 32weeks. My Ranitinde has also stopped working. I was up half of last night trying not to throw up. In the end I resorted to what my Mum always recommends and that was a glass of milk. I felt so sick drinking it but afterwards it really did help! Might be worth a go?

sianihedgehog Sun 21-Jun-15 07:26:03

Omeprazole! It's like ranitidine but stronger. I think you can get it over the counter but I got a prescription from my doctor.

DrDiva Sun 21-Jun-15 07:35:45

It's horrible,isn't it? Mother Nature SO got the whole pregnancy thing skewed...

I am sure it is nothing to worry about, but if you are vomiting at night, and have abdominal pain, please get checked by your gp or midwife, for your own peace of mind. You might need a bit of monitoring on the bp front.

Enjoy your newborn when you get there!

Nottalotta Sun 21-Jun-15 09:13:56

Honestly Drdiva there are so many design faults/ridiculous side effects that I'm amazed the human race has continued!

Will try the pharmacy for omeprazole. I spoke to my sister and she suggested milk, had a glass yesterday evening then had very milky weetabix for tea, it did seem to help.

Bombinate Sun 21-Jun-15 09:15:56

You should get your bp checked asap, as these are symptoms of pre eclampsia

Augustwedding Sun 21-Jun-15 09:18:45

I second omeprazile ! Nothing else worked for me and I tried lots ! You'll need a prescription .

mrshjb Sun 21-Jun-15 19:46:22

I had chest pain and vomiting every night around 35 weeks. Nothing helped at all. I ended up in hospital and being induced at 36+1 because they thought it could be pre-eclampsia. I would definitely get checked out.

Nottalotta Tue 23-Jun-15 05:28:02

Blood pressure is very good, would it be high with pre eclampsia?

No pains really, just heartburn discomfort. 'just'!

newtonupontheheath Tue 23-Jun-15 08:50:00

I can't stand gaviscon so have settled with Tums this time round. You can take up to 7 in 24hrs and are much nicer than gaviscon, which make me want to barf!

WiIdfire Tue 23-Jun-15 08:58:50

Have you tried Gaviscon tablets? The liquid is vile, but the tablets are just minty and quite nice, and work a treat.

happygojo Tue 23-Jun-15 09:02:54

Hiya, I have had this (I am 33 weeks) it should (hopefully) get better when the baby drops. I have been on omeprazole for a while now, but I have turbo heartburn and reflux due to previous conditions. I still get the 'sicky' feeling but it doesn't hurt so that really helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now