Talk

Advanced search

how much tiredness is normal?

(13 Posts)
Evianbaby15 Sat 20-Jun-15 16:11:12

I'm 12+4 and I am absolutely exhausted. Taken me hours to clean my small living room and kitchen today because I had to keep sitting down!
I only work part time (5 days a week 4 hours a day on feet mostly)
Have a 5 year old who's quite independent, don't have a lot of housework to do just general tidying about as I try to do little bits daily.
I'm in bed by 9/10pm most nights and up at 7.
Is anyone else experiencing this amount of tirendess?
Don't remember feeling like this at end of first trimester on my dc1

Evianbaby15 Sat 20-Jun-15 16:12:04

Taking pregnancy supplements and had a course of iron tablets last year so don't think it's my iron levels

Gingernut81 Sat 20-Jun-15 17:34:33

I was completely exhausted for the first 4 months, I'd literally go to work, come home, eat & then go to bed!

Nottalotta Sat 20-Jun-15 17:37:04

I struggled to make it past 8.30pm most nights til about 16weeks. It improved from there but at 34wks now am exhausted again!

christinarossetti Sat 20-Jun-15 17:39:42

Try Spatone from the chemist

Soluable iron that doesn't upset your stomach.

My iron levels were apparently fine during my pregnancies, but it was like waking up a rag doll when I started taking Spatone.

MissTwister Sat 20-Jun-15 17:40:29

Totally normal. 10pm is my normal time now - and I'm far too tired for any cleaning!!

LoveLetters Sat 20-Jun-15 18:33:58

Went to bed at 8pm last night smile

Runningupthathill82 Sat 20-Jun-15 18:58:29

I'm much more tired this time than I was when I was pregnant with DS - mainly because, when I was pregnant with him, I could just come home from work and rest. Now I come home and have a hard-work toddler to look after.
As a result, I'm zonked out by 8pm most nights. Currently 9 weeks, so hoping it'll start getting easier soon.

Skiptonlass Sat 20-Jun-15 19:41:17

I was during my first few months. It was like when you hit the wall when out running - total inability to do anything! I was in bed by 7-8 pm.

It has got a bit better later in trimester two. I think listen to your body - it's telling you to rest.

ragged Sat 20-Jun-15 19:45:42

1st trimester is killer.

Gillian1980 Sat 20-Jun-15 19:46:10

Up until about 16-18 weeks ish I was absolutely exhausted. Within 10 mins of getting home from work I would doze off and my DH would have to wake me for dinner. Then I'd be back in bed before 9!

I wasn't anaemic or anything but just completely shattered.

poocatcherchampion Sat 20-Jun-15 19:47:44

18weeks here and I have barely moved off the sofa all day. Dh has looked after the toddlers and done everything. We've got a pile of things to do but it just hasn't happened

I'm over it, with a bit of luck I'll feel better tomorrow...

Evianbaby15 Sat 20-Jun-15 21:37:00

Thanks for replies, glad I'm not the only one, was getting worried that I'm just being lazy but you are right I need to listen to my body.
Off for an early night!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now