Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Another Request for Pushchair Recommendations

(17 Posts)
changingagain Sat 20-Jun-15 12:05:35

We have spent the last few months researching pushchairs and still don't seem to be able to find one that suits our needs. I was hoping that someone on here might be able to recommend the perfect one.

What we need:

- We live rurally and it needs to be suitable for off road, think potholed concrete, uneven grass, gravel, mud and sand.

- We live in a first floor flat with no lift so it needs to be easy to fold and carry up the stairs while also carrying our baby.

- It needs to fit in the boot of a Fiesta.

- It obviously needs to be comfy for the baby and preferably last for as long as possible.

We have a separate car seat and a snuzpod with the removable top piece so we don't need a travel system. We also have a carrier suitable from birth which he will hopefully be happy in and we plan on using when shopping so ease of use around shops and basket size isn't a priority.

I'm getting pretty fed up of looking now so would really appreciate any recommendations that you have. Thanks.

princessvikki Sat 20-Jun-15 13:51:11

I live in a 1st floor flat too, unfortunately not easy to carry any pushchair chair and baby at the same time. I have a graco evo which I love it's great for walking it has suspension for uneven ground and the seat comes off so is fairy easy to carry up and down stairs, I don't drive but my mum has a ka and it fits in the tiny boot no problem. I had the carry cot as well for when my dd was new born which was really handy but didn't fit in the boot, I used to put it on the back seat and put the wheels in the boot. It's pricy but worth it , my dd is 18 months and it still looks good as new and I've bashed it round all over then place. I plan on using it aging for dd number 2 due in August.

ThunderboltKid Sat 20-Jun-15 14:09:34

I would say the baby jogger city mini gt meets your requirements. The only thing is it doesn't parent face...but you could get a carrycot for the first few months if you wanted.

MumToBe2015R Sat 20-Jun-15 15:21:06

Hi changing, I showed your post to DH & he suggested Baby Jogger City Mini GT. Also you have the choice of Bugaboo chameleon but is on the bulky side although for all terrain. He is a pushchair advisor mothercare.

Baby jogger has a very very easy fold, I am pregnant with my first & we live on the first floor flat, small car & wanted easy fold/easy to fold and carry with baby in hand. So we have ourselves gone with baby jogger city mini, instead of GT version as we don't do much off road.

Although baby jogger isn't the prettiest looking pram, it is indeed VERY PRACTICAL.

Like thunder suggested you can get carry cot for forward facing in the beginning

Hope it helps xx

Cherryblossomsinspring Sat 20-Jun-15 16:24:59

Baby mini city jogger. One of the lightest and folds in one hand. I lived up two flights and it was about as good as it gets. It's actually been amazing as it becomes a flat bed and has a big hood so brill for naps. It's easy to push on uneven ground too.

meditrina Sat 20-Jun-15 16:26:42

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pushchair_chat

Posters in this topic might be the ones best placed to help you.

ThunderboltKid Sat 20-Jun-15 16:59:53

I had a bugaboo cam and it was not great in muddy parks (dog walks), the front wheels just clog up with mud and if you switch to big wheels at the front then you can't steer.

My recommendation comes as someone who has owned 9 prams in two years with similar requirements to yours! (Bit of an addict).

StockingFullOfCoal Sat 20-Jun-15 17:05:05

Phil and Teds. Glides on uneven ground and easy to get up and down.

StockingFullOfCoal Sat 20-Jun-15 17:06:41

The Buffalo is Bugaboos newish all terrain model. No experience with it though.

bluewisteria Sat 20-Jun-15 17:24:06

Baby Jogger City Mini GT is definitely the one for you! It folds with one hand and will easily fit in your boot, not too heavy, has a bassinet, lasts for ages - seriously my very tall 5 year old is perfectly comfortable to sneak a lift in it and we can still push her in it. The cheaper option I would recommend is the out 'n' about, they are very good too and much lighter. Not as easy to fold in the one hand style of Baby Jogger though.

We have used ours hill walking, completely off road, practically pushes itself. If you aren't very strong/fit maybe go for the out n about as lighter, but try both if you can.

Gingernut81 Sat 20-Jun-15 17:32:19

We've just bought the city mini jogger for all the above reasons, plus we bought the deluxe carrycot for the first few months. It cost us £407 for both so feels like a bargain compared the makes like buggaboo which we looked at initially.

bluewisteria Sat 20-Jun-15 17:37:17

Gingernut does the mini jogger have rubber wheels or the tyres? We had the one without tyres and it just isn't as good off road, but it's an old model so I don't know how the new ones compare? The bugaboo buffalo's are beasts, I'm not sure it would fit in a fiesta boot when folded! Also seem very heavy to pick up.

Artandco Sat 20-Jun-15 17:41:16

Babyzen yoga

mewkins Sat 20-Jun-15 17:45:41

The gt is great. Just got one (for older bab) and the tyres are great on and off road. Really light and easy to steer.

eurochick Sat 20-Jun-15 18:17:09

Forget about carrying it up. Why would you need to? Leave it in the boot of the car. So then you won't need to worry about weight.

MumToBe2015R Sat 20-Jun-15 22:11:40

gingernut where did you get the deluxe carrycot from if you don't mind me asking?

PecanThief Sat 20-Jun-15 23:13:06

The GT. I never bothered with the carry cot either. It's from birth so I just got a really good cosy toes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now