Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Not feeling well

(7 Posts)
tinyme135 Sat 20-Jun-15 08:35:06

I think I have caught my OH stupid cold. And it's making me very tearful and I just want to cry cause I'm not very well. I know I can't take decongestants but is it ok to to do the steam inhalation where I put my head over a bowl of hot water?

Oh and to top off this cold I'm working and walking in this horrible rain :'(

Whatabout Sat 20-Jun-15 08:56:29

Paracetamol and steam is fine, hot honey and lemon might be nice. And some trashy magazines and chocolate!

lastnightiwenttomanderley Sat 20-Jun-15 08:59:14

OP I feel your pain... 27 weeks and have a horrendous cold. Just had to fly home part way through a work.trip.as I felt do awful.
All I would say is you may think it's 'just' a cold and battle on through. Without the joys of Sudafed, Lemsip etc it really does take it out of you. If you need to rest, do it. I arguably made myself worse by battling on through. Your health is more important.
Look after yourself.

lastnightiwenttomanderley Sat 20-Jun-15 09:02:15

Just reread your OP. Please go home! If you feel like crying, chances are that your body is trying to tell you to.slow down.

I find that the whole squashed lungs thing meant that as soon as the cold migrated to my cheast I felt so.short of breathe (i normally run up the steps from the underground, by.comparison!)

lastnightiwenttomanderley Sat 20-Jun-15 09:02:56

Gah, excuse weird typos/full stops. Damn phone!

Skiptonlass Sat 20-Jun-15 09:12:28

Absolutely fine to steam your head. If you can get to your local pharmacy, get some menthol crystals and add a couple to the water - they work very well. Honey and lemon works too, not very well, but a bit. I've been mainlining ice lollies for a week to help my poor throat.

I'm just getting over a really nasty chest bug - the only thing to do is rest. I even had to take a day off work because I just couldn't manage. It really sucks not to be able to take anything, but you just have to battle through, and rest.

If you get a fever over 100, go to the docs urgently, or if you are coughing up bright green gunk, or if your throat is covered in white goo/white spots, it could be bacterial (also time for a docs visit.)

tinyme135 Sat 20-Jun-15 15:21:13

I survived the 4 hours at work (I couldn't leave as where I work I was with a locum and couldn't leave them on their own) but got really bad so had to tell them I was pg and sorry if I seemed a bit emotional. Lucky she looked after me smile I am now relaxing in the bath waiting for my nan to pick me up and take me out for some food then waiting for my OH to get back from being out with his friends for a nice big hug....reading a new book is really helping too smile xx

Thank you ladies for all your help smile xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now