Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

OMG-identical twins!!!!

(17 Posts)
Wildflower91 Fri 19-Jun-15 21:07:31

Some of you may have read my posts over the past few weeks about the sickness and bleeding I've been having..today my SECOND scan revealed that I'm having identical twins!!! Talk about a shock!! Everything makes sense now why all my symptoms seem to be double what all my friends are experiencing lol im over the moon, although the father, I'm more determined to get these babies as healthy and happy as possible. My due date was 3rd February but God willing I'll be a January clubber now. just thought I should share- hope everyone is well xx

Wildflower91 Fri 19-Jun-15 21:08:43

*Although the father has left*

thelionsleeps Fri 19-Jun-15 21:16:51

Congratulations! I found out a few weeks ago that I'm having identical twins too. It is such a shock isn't it. Although I seem to be getting away with no sickness at the moment (touch wood). Just very tired and trying to take it easy already.

I'm nearly 15 weeks and still in shock I think. I already have a bump and just can't imagine how big I'm going to get. The multiples board is really good on here with loads of info.

Hope you start to feel a bit better soon.

Wildflower91 Fri 19-Jun-15 21:19:19

Such a shock but it's a miracle, identical twins are quite rare although I've heard lots of cases lately (something in the water ;-) ) I'm 7.5 stone and 4 foot 11 so imagine what im going to be like a few weeks down the line lol we are so blessed xx

thelionsleeps Fri 19-Jun-15 21:31:47

Yes I can't believe it either. I thought I had a miscarriage at about 6 weeks so only found out at 12 weeks that I was still pregnant and with 2.

There def seem to be extra risks with our type of twins but I'm determined to be positive and take it a week at a time.

Good luck!

ejclementine Fri 19-Jun-15 22:25:06

Congratulations! flowers Did you know you were expecting twins from your first scan? Is it the identical part that you discovered today (probably a ridiculous question!)?

ARV1981 Sat 20-Jun-15 00:50:07

Just wanted to say congratulations! I am an identical twin, and your babies are so lucky they'll always have each other. It's wonderful! flowers

Wildflower91 Sat 20-Jun-15 04:22:42

I'm only 8 weeks and I've been in quite a lot of pain (any wonder lol) so they scanned me at 5 weeks to ensure it wasn't eptopic and they could only see 1 yolk sac, today was the follow up appointment at 8 weeks which revealed 2 little babies with 2 seperate heartbeats! So no, first scan didn't show up 2! And ARV it means so much to hear you say that, I hope they are the best of friends xx

quesadillas Sat 20-Jun-15 07:39:08

Congratulations! I'm currently expecting non-ID twins, and while it feels scary, it'll be an amazing challenge!

RummidgeGeneral Sat 20-Jun-15 07:42:40

The Twins and Multiple Birth Association has lots of good advice and support. Worth a look! All the best for the pregnancy.

Cheesypop Sat 20-Jun-15 07:51:45

Congratulations wildflower, incredible news. I had ICSI which puts me at a higher risk of ID twins so I had thought a lot about them and read up on them. They are an amazing miracle! Take very very good care of yourself. flowers

LoveLetters Sat 20-Jun-15 08:01:37

Congratulations!! What are your symptoms? My doc thinks I may be having twins because of severe symptoms so interested to know x

Lemiis13 Sat 20-Jun-15 08:08:29

Congratulations, I'm currently 32wks pg with ID twin. I got the shock news at an early scan aswell so it took a while for the news to sink in but I'm very excited now grin
Take good care of yourself and I hope your sickness buggers off soon flowers

NoMontagues Sat 20-Jun-15 08:13:38

Aw wildflower that's amazing. How special.

Congratulations!

GlitzAndGigglesx Sat 20-Jun-15 08:30:39

Congratulations! I'm an identical twin 34 weeks pregnant with non ID twins and it's so exciting. I remember shaking in shock at being told I was having twins. I actually thought I'd had a mmc and was ready to burst in tears. Best of luck with your pregnancy you should check out the multiples board there's loads of helpful stuff on there

Wildflower91 Sat 20-Jun-15 08:43:05

Thank you all! loveletters my symptoms were sharp shooting pain across my stomach and down both sides (reason for my early scans, convinced I was miscarrying) this pain was unlike anything I had ever experienced it totally stopped me in my tracks, my breasts seemed to balloon over night really quickly, and the nausea is still terrible-even my own breath in the morning makes me sick-not to mention my poor dog! Other weird symptoms for me include claustrophobia which I never had before-Last week I had to leave a full shopping trolley in M&S and run out the door, something just comes over me and I have to leave lol it's not all bad though, I suffered badly with anxiety for years and that has totally vanished. although will probably creep up again when I am responsible for TWO human beings! Lol xx

LoveLetters Sat 20-Jun-15 10:41:18

Thanks for that! I just have horrendous sickness but not as extreme as you. Hope your symptoms die down a little so you can enjoy your pregnancy more ;) x how wonderful x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now