Talk

Advanced search

Bruises in pregnancy

(5 Posts)
knittingirl Fri 19-Jun-15 16:53:47

I've got a bunch of bruises on my lower leg (not sure what from, probably walked into the bed/desk/chair - I'm a bit of a klutz), and they've gone way darker and more ugly looking than usual, and aren't healing as fast. Is this something that comes with pregnancy? I'm 28 weeks.

OMGBabyNo3 Fri 19-Jun-15 17:20:52

I also came up with a horrid blue/grey bruise on my thigh at about 20 weeks. Eventually the penny dropped for me and I realised it was varicose veins (sob!!). It's my third pregnancy which apparently makes this much more common. Could this be your problem??

bluewisteria Fri 19-Jun-15 17:24:53

If you are Rhesis negative you should contact your midwife as you may need an AntiD shot. Worth mentioning to her I think.

Sundaysmumisfullofwine Fri 19-Jun-15 19:12:44

I have found that cuts and bruises (I am accident prone) heal very slowly in pregnancy for me. Have a scratch from ds on my leg that has been there for about 8 weeks now

knittingirl Thu 25-Jun-15 15:42:29

Thanks ladies. I showed my midwife yesterday, she took one look and said "those aren't bruises love, those are varicose veins" sad boo!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now