Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

iCandy strawberry 2 for everyday overnight sleeping?

(8 Posts)
PinkSwan Fri 19-Jun-15 14:08:15

I am due for my first one next month and we just bought an iCandy strawberry 2! I am planning to use the carrycot for everyday overnight sleeping since their website says it is suitable for permanent overnight sleeping. So do you think its good not to have a moses basket? Also do i need to buy a different mattress for overnight sleeping - if so plz suggest what type and where I could buy!

Sorry if I am sounding stupid coz this is my first baby and i am absolutely new to all these..

Thanks..

HappyIdiot Fri 19-Jun-15 14:38:53

i can't really comment on the icandy because I didn't have one but I think overall it might be easier if you get a separate moses basket or crib. dd did sleep sometimes overnight in the carry cot part of our pram but I found that she always got quite hot because of the solid sides. in a moses basket, its a bit more airy and she was a bit cooler (she was a summer baby too).

also, it depends on the layout of your house. will you have to park the pram in the hall, take the carrycot off, carry it to the living room and then upstairs at night? they aren't always the lightest things to carry (although i can't comment on the icandy) and can be bulky. if you ended up having a cs or were otherwise recovering from the birth, you may find it difficult to do if you're on your own, at least in the first few weeks.

if the idea is to save space, then you will still have to find somewhere to put the carrycot part of the pram in your room anyway.

FWIW I had a crib in the bedroom and a moses basket for naps downstairs. DD hated the crib for some reason and wouldn't sleep in it, so I carried the moses basket up at night and brought it down again in the morning.

cherithamy Fri 19-Jun-15 14:50:51

I'm not to sure about the I candy, but we used the carrycot part of our pram downstairs and a bedside crib upstairs. If was handy for daytime naps and when we go away for the night. I wouldn't have used it overnight but that because we are using a snuzpod that the side folds down into our bed, it brilliant!

cherithamy Fri 19-Jun-15 14:51:33

Ps Moses baskets don't last very long, generally outgrown by about 12wks.

PinkSwan Wed 24-Jun-15 10:03:16

thanks smile

mrsleomcgary Wed 24-Jun-15 17:39:23

Not an icandy but when DD was born we used the prams carry cot until she was about 12 weeks as our bedroom was too small for a cot and the crib we had been given (which was 30+ years old) just wasnt stable enough. Her pram was a mamas and papas sola and we bought a proper overnight matress for it and she slept in it fine. We were in a flat and it worked really well,just rolled it from the lounge to bedroom everynight.

WinterOfOurDiscountTents15 Wed 24-Jun-15 19:49:58

12 weeks? Mine were all in the basket til they were pretty much sitting up!

The carrycot I had on a previous pram was bigger and better than any moses basket I had. Very comfortable. If it suits you there is no reason why not, and you don't need another mattress if it has a proper one. You'll just have to wait and see if they sleep in it is all!

NickyEds Wed 24-Jun-15 20:37:23

We used the pram carry cot for ds for about 8/9 weeks because it had solid sides and the room was a bit cool (ds was a Winter baby). We bought a mattress for it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now