Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Car Seat help in a 2010 Touran

(7 Posts)
bunnyhop101 Fri 19-Jun-15 11:26:28

Im struggling, our car has ISOFIX but every ISOFIX seat I look at is unsuitable because the car has storage foot wells. Does anyone here have a Touran and if so what car seat do you have?

RobotHamster Fri 19-Jun-15 11:27:40

Just open the storage in the footwell and put the isofix leg to the bottom of it. All the maxi cosi ones we have all reach and are safe.

poocatcherchampion Fri 19-Jun-15 11:29:28

Can you not just not use the isofix?

What size are you looking for?
Britax two way elite does not have a footprop

Or else for many cars you can either get fillers for the boxes from your dealer, or some of the foot props go all the way to the bottom of the box.

Maybe give in car safety centre in Milton Keynes a call?

RobotHamster Fri 19-Jun-15 11:33:12

Oh, meant to say. There is a filler available for the footwell storage, your VW garage should be able to source one for you (or give you the part number so you can buy it online). You shouldn't need it though, depending on which seat you get (maxi cosi easyfix, family fix, priorifix all fit fine)

bunnyhop101 Fri 19-Jun-15 11:34:25

I thought about doing that with the foot wells but it just says on the maxi cosi site that the family fix is unsuitable for Tourans with storage

Im looking for a car seat from birth we actually purchased the familyfix bases and since checking online it said not suitable which is why im at a loss. Maxi Cosi will fit our pram so that's what I was hoping to get.

Have not heard of the Safety Centre but will give them a call thank you.

RobotHamster Fri 19-Jun-15 12:18:07

Can you link the bit on the maxi cosi bit please? Am a bit annoyed, as carefully checked compatibility on their site when I bought it, bit worried it's now considered unsafe!

RobotHamster Fri 19-Jun-15 12:23:45

I found this
www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/accessories/all/Touran/touran-2010/none/rear-floor-storage-support/000019720/3#details

Rear floor storage support, £15. Part number 000019720

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now