Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bleeding in pregnancy

(7 Posts)
Josied1 Fri 19-Jun-15 07:49:17

I'm 5.5 weeks pregnant and had a sudden gush of red blood on Wednesday but nothing since. This wasn't enough for a period as mine have been quite heavy lately. I've suffered 2 previous miscarriages, one spontaneous at 11 weeks and a missed misscarriage echo I found out about at my scan. I know the bleeding wouldn't be this much at 5.5 weeks but would expect at least a period. I have a scan next week at the epu as they said it could be implantation but really don't want to get my hopes up. Fortunately I have a gorgeous little boy who is keeping us going at the moment. So hard being in this limbo. Anyone else bled much and come out ok? Thanks xx

goodnessgraciousgouda Fri 19-Jun-15 09:13:07

Try googling "SCH" or "sub chorionic hematoma".

Josied1 Fri 19-Jun-15 18:39:38

Thank you, just got to wait for this scan really to find out for sure. I've been so paranoid already this has just made it worse. I just want to know one way or the other but will have to wait and see xx

ashtrayheart Fri 19-Jun-15 18:42:00

I've bled with 3 pregnancies and one was an early m/c the other 2 made it through. Bleeding doesn't always mean the worst but obviously it's a possibility. I hope things go your way.

goodnessgraciousgouda Fri 19-Jun-15 22:22:48

If the bleeding was accompanied by pain and bad cramps, then in all honesty it's not a good sign. If it was painless then it's a slightly better sign (but obviously I have no idea what your previous experiences were like)

Let's face it - any time of bleeding in pregnancy is fucking terrifying and horrible to have to deal with.

Good luck xxxx

eurochick Fri 19-Jun-15 22:26:24

I've had an MC where I didn't bleed (until after a scan had confirmed the pregnancy wasn't viable) and a successful pregnancy where I bled every day for three weeks from 6 and a half weeks onwards, starting with really heavy cramps bleeding. It was a SCH in the second case.

Helish Fri 19-Jun-15 22:31:07

It could be an SCH, I had this in the first trimester. A random, huge gush of blood with spots of bleeding afterwards. It was an SCH and had gone by the 12 week scan. Mine was small and well away from the baby but I took it easy for a couple of weeks, lots of rest and no heavy lifting. Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now