Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

17 weeks & up til now ok but feeling sick now!

(6 Posts)
Bellabutterfly2014 Thu 18-Jun-15 19:31:29

Has anyone else experienced this?!?!
No sickness in the early days but for the past 2 days I've felt absolutely awful. I've been tired but now I'm exhausted and I feel sick and keep thinking I'll be sick but haven't been - then there's the awful belly-ache and back-ache!
Any advice?!?! Xx

sophiaslullaby Thu 18-Jun-15 22:11:11

Hello, i had nausea for most of trimester 1 but never sick, then threw up for first time.at 13 weeks. Am now 20 weeks and was sick again yesterday morning. But know what it is now -it's my pregnacare tablet. If i take it on an empty stomach im sick within minutes.
Could it be anything like that? A diet change? Backache for me occured at 17ish weeks and im not that big.

Sorry i can't give any definate answer but am offering sympathies. Have a word with your midwife at next appointment to check how your feeling is normal if really worried.

IfYouWereARiverIdLearnToFloat Thu 18-Jun-15 22:36:27

I was nauseous for the first eleven weeks but only sick a couple of times & always at night. Then I felt pretty good recently.

Now this week I've been sick 3-4 times a day, exhausted, headache & backpain - turns out I have a bad UTI/kidney infection. Didn't really have any urinary symptoms though.

Might be worth getting a sample to your GP or midwife to be checked?

Bellabutterfly2014 Fri 19-Jun-15 06:36:15

Thanks both for replying. I've had a rough night with cramping and back-ache so going to get myself to the GP - if I can get an appointment that is!!!! If not I'll ring the maternity wing at the local hospital and see what they say.

It's my first baby so maybe I'm just slightly over-reacting but the tummy-ache is really bad now. X

IfYouWereARiverIdLearnToFloat Fri 19-Jun-15 08:19:49

Hope everything's okay. If you're concerned at all then that's enough of a reason to go get checked out.

I'm going back to GP today as I still have all the kidney infection symptoms & I've just had my last antibiotic this morning.

chopsface Fri 19-Jun-15 09:08:38

Hi Bella sorry to hear you're feeling poorly. During my first trimester I only experienced nausea but last week at 13w I started being really really sick! Enough to be put on antiemetics. Unfortunately it just seems to be a rush of hormones causing it.

I would speak to your GP though if you have back pains and cramps though just in case you do have a uti. Fingers crossed you feel better soon x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now