Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

hyperemesis or am i sick ?

(2 Posts)
mummyneedinganswers Thu 18-Jun-15 18:29:39

Okay so im 16 weeks still have hyperemesis and sick all the time. Also have gestational diabetes. But today just don't feel right or well at all feel very queasy and faint, constant thick saliva in my throat that I can't get up and just feel shit is this just the hyperemesis or could it be something else. I don't want to go to my local maternity assessment unit as there always so busy and don't always take us seriously and just feel it would be a waste of time

cora01 Fri 19-Jun-15 11:45:38

Hi have you spoken to your midwife or Dr about suddenly feeling worse? I would if I were you. I really sympathise with you. I had hyperemesis until about week 17-18. The unrelenting queasiness eventually subsided after the Dr gave me some anti sickness tablets that you devolve under your tongue (at the beginning I couldn't even keep water down and became so weak). After that being sick every morning and every evening just became the norm for a while. Rest assured though it WILL get better and believe it or not you will feel like yourself again. I hope you have a supportive Dr and midwife nearby. Despite what some people say, you need help with this. Unless you have been through this yourself I don't think anyone can really comprehend what you are going through. I hope you feel some relief from it soon x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now