Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Are nct courses worth it?

(6 Posts)
Gingernut81 Wed 17-Jun-15 22:33:35

Hi, Hubby & I booked onto a local nct course partly in the hope of getting to meet new people. We moved here 2 years ago & while we're only about 10miles from old friends many already have kids so we thought it would be nice to have some new 'baby friends'. Anyway, apparently there are only two other couples on the course & we're trying to decide whether to still do it. Is the course useful or would the local nhs one be just as good?

TinyMonkey Thu 18-Jun-15 06:12:35

There was a thread about this a few days ago.

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/2401529-To-NCT-or-not-to-NCT

happygojo Thu 18-Jun-15 11:37:14

I am in this exact situation too, (maybe the same course!) we are too late to cancel though. Annoyingly I got a leaflet through my door yesterday advertising a free antenatal course about a mile from my house! But NCT is paid for now and I think we have left it too late to cancel. Even though the money would be REALLY useful at the moment

thesmallbear Thu 18-Jun-15 11:56:34

Ours was great for meeting people. There were eight couples on our course though. Most of the mums-to-be are now on maternity leave and we meet weekly for tea and cake and talk regularly on WhatsApp.

MissTwister Thu 18-Jun-15 13:34:58

I'm only going to meet people - the content is interesting but nothing you can't get elsewhere. Is there another one in your area you could join?

Gingernut81 Thu 18-Jun-15 17:20:02

Thanks for the link Tinymonkey, I'd tried & failed to find one!

Happygojo, we're in Halifax.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now