Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

how would you describe...?

(11 Posts)
HollyC255552 Wed 17-Jun-15 22:29:35

labour pains? I'm aware everybody is different but just really curious to know what to expect especially as time is getting closer currently 35+3. Eeeek!

OhHolyFuck Wed 17-Jun-15 22:39:38

Like really really bad period pains?
Or stomach cramp from food poisoning?
But it doesn't feel the same for everyone, some women labour in their back, or hips or get pains down their legs

Drowsybutawake Wed 17-Jun-15 23:00:35

Period pains getting gradually worse and worse and worse, but with breaks in between.

And then transition was more intense, more like my insides were being pulled apart (cos they were!) but it didn't last all that long and then there was pushing and the baby! The stinging as the baby came out was nothing in comparison to transition, even though I tore pretty badly.

Like the previous poster said, everyone experiences pain differently so I think the best thing is to focus on the moment as you experience it, that helped me. And there are always drugs if it gets too much wink

LooksLikeImStuckHere Wed 17-Jun-15 23:04:34

Like being winded, just lower down and more painful. Much more painful.

Having said that, my friend said hers were just like period pains.

Find somewhere you can lean whilst bent double (like banisters or towel rail or something). Whilst labouring at home I really needed that.

Good luck!

MummyPiggy87 Thu 18-Jun-15 00:26:45

Sorry for the tmi, agree with above but another way of describing it is if you've ever had chronic diarrhoea its like that pain you get, but it gets worse and worse ..

Cloggal Thu 18-Jun-15 00:30:35

Period and back pain for me that came and went.

SinisterBunnyMonth Thu 18-Jun-15 00:37:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BettyCatKitten Thu 18-Jun-15 00:38:56

My first labour I had really bad back pain, I only got front contractions after my waters went.

SycamoreMum Thu 18-Jun-15 00:50:22

Like your worst bout of period pain amped up by three but in waves

Never will you be more grate ful for the urge to push.

weelamb123 Thu 18-Jun-15 07:57:45

Yes, I agree. Like horrendous period pains x10. U will know once it starts. Good luck xx

applecore0317 Thu 18-Jun-15 08:04:33

I had intense pressure in my lower back coupled with painful cramps, like nothing I've ever felt before... sorry, not much help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now