Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Carpal tunnel?

(5 Posts)
Dani240 Wed 17-Jun-15 21:44:23

I'm 31 weeks pregnant and for the past week I've had really sore, stiff hands. They feel as if I've slept with my fingers bent backwards. It really hurts to bend them and grip things. Is this carpal tunnel? They don't tingle and they aren't numb.

KatyN Wed 17-Jun-15 22:06:27

I think carpel tunnel is when you can't turn your hands over- well that's how it effects me.
Have you tried soaking them in hot water and then cold? Sometimes helps. Or a tubey grip to sleep in??

applecore0317 Wed 17-Jun-15 22:36:00

I had this from around 34 weeks. Pains in my wrists and numbness in the tips of three of my fingers. Midwife confirmed carpal tunnel, had my daughter two weeks ago and its only just started to ease off a little

Hipotle Wed 17-Jun-15 22:39:58

It sounds like it could be De Quervaine's, also known as Mother's Thumb. I also had it around that time in pregnancy. Not much fun, poor you

ThatsNotEvenAWord Wed 17-Jun-15 22:47:40

I had this as well, stiff swollen hands and it used to take ages to be able to move them in the morning. A bit annoying when I was trying to unravel loo roll! Midwife confirmed carpal tunnel. It went soon after giving birth though, I don't even remember it post-DS although I suppose I was quite distracted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now