Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Rescan reassurance please

(3 Posts)
Catheric Wed 17-Jun-15 20:21:41

Hi everyone.
I should start by saying that I am petrified of scans, my first pregnancy I had a dating scan and instead was diagnosed with a complete molar pregnancy. Now before every scan I get so anxious I can barely walk (had to take the lift up one flight for our first scan with this pregnancy because I was shaking so much I couldn't walk, lol).
I'm currently 23+5 with DC3. At 20+6 I had my 20 week scan and although its tummy and femur were measuring at pretty much exactly 50% it's head was below the 3rd percentile. We are going back for a growth scan on Friday and I am absolutely terrified that it's head will be even smaller and there is something seriously wrong.
Has anyone had similar happen and can give me some reassurance? I am even more terrified of this upcoming scan and haven't slept in the weeks since the original scan. I should say that just after the scan we went on holiday for 2 weeks, which is why we haven't been rescanned before now.
Sorry for the essay but if anyone has any positive stories I'd be grateful.
Thank you!
Catheric

Newtobecomingamum Wed 17-Jun-15 21:08:02

Hi,

During my first pregnancy I was told my baby was small from the 12 weeks scan, had growth scans every three weeks after and they were still concerned he was small and below average in all of the measurements etc... Right up until baby was born and low and behold and a perfect sized normal baby boy weighing 7.5.

I know it's easier said than done but please try and not to worry yourself silly as it can't be good for baby. Try your hardest to try and be calm and I pray for you that everything will be fine.

Xx

Catheric Wed 17-Jun-15 21:42:18

Thanks for that new. If all of baby was measuring small I wouldn't be worried, DC2 was only 6lb 5oz when born so I don't make them big. But it's the fact that everything else was bang on dates but it's head is abnormal that's so scary. Just hoping someone might have had similar and all worked out ok in the end sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now