Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

dating scan

(9 Posts)
tinyme135 Wed 17-Jun-15 20:02:47

What's the longest you've had to wait for your dating scan. I was told last week I was 9 weeks gone, roughly. I had a date for my scan and now they have cancelled it and pushed it forward to 4 weeks away meaning I'll be 14 weeks gone. Is this normal or should I phone them up and question it?

Cherryblossomsinspring Wed 17-Jun-15 20:06:07

It's only really accurate if done between 12 and 14 weeks I believe so your new date is better. I had mine at 13.5 weeks.

tinyme135 Wed 17-Jun-15 20:08:54

Oh so cause they was unsure of my date waiting that long is normal then. I've also got another appointment for maternal medicine obstetrics and I haven't got a clue what that is. What I read online it means I'm high risk but I was told I wasn't but could it be crossed with my pcos?

Cherryblossomsinspring Thu 18-Jun-15 15:13:40

That I know nothing about I'm afraid. I couldn't speculate why you are high risk but I doubt it's because of PCOS. As far as I understand it just makes it hard to get pregnant but has no special risks once you are pregnant.

LumpyCustard69 Thu 18-Jun-15 15:58:02

I have pcos. It doesn't make you a high risk pregnancy, but can mess with your dates.
High risk tends to normally be down to bmi, previous birth/pregnancy issues, depression, diabetes etc etc.

tinyme135 Thu 18-Jun-15 16:03:50

Yeah I phoned them earlier and it's cause I have migraines and IBS. So panic over. Was you offered an early scan or was you treated as normal with pcos. I was told I had to wait 4 weeks for my scan till I moaned earlier and now it's in 2 weeks time

mrschatty Thu 18-Jun-15 17:28:32

I don't have mine until I'm 13+3! Pretty standard I hear. It's such a long time isn't it sad

LumpyCustard69 Thu 18-Jun-15 17:44:43

They've done nothing different with me due to having pcos, with this pregnancy or my first.
Good luck with everything smile

tinyme135 Thu 18-Jun-15 18:01:43

Still can't believe how long they make you wait at times. I'm glad I moaned about it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now