Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

dating scan

(9 Posts)
tinyme135 Wed 17-Jun-15 20:02:47

What's the longest you've had to wait for your dating scan. I was told last week I was 9 weeks gone, roughly. I had a date for my scan and now they have cancelled it and pushed it forward to 4 weeks away meaning I'll be 14 weeks gone. Is this normal or should I phone them up and question it?

Cherryblossomsinspring Wed 17-Jun-15 20:06:07

It's only really accurate if done between 12 and 14 weeks I believe so your new date is better. I had mine at 13.5 weeks.

tinyme135 Wed 17-Jun-15 20:08:54

Oh so cause they was unsure of my date waiting that long is normal then. I've also got another appointment for maternal medicine obstetrics and I haven't got a clue what that is. What I read online it means I'm high risk but I was told I wasn't but could it be crossed with my pcos?

Cherryblossomsinspring Thu 18-Jun-15 15:13:40

That I know nothing about I'm afraid. I couldn't speculate why you are high risk but I doubt it's because of PCOS. As far as I understand it just makes it hard to get pregnant but has no special risks once you are pregnant.

LumpyCustard69 Thu 18-Jun-15 15:58:02

I have pcos. It doesn't make you a high risk pregnancy, but can mess with your dates.
High risk tends to normally be down to bmi, previous birth/pregnancy issues, depression, diabetes etc etc.

tinyme135 Thu 18-Jun-15 16:03:50

Yeah I phoned them earlier and it's cause I have migraines and IBS. So panic over. Was you offered an early scan or was you treated as normal with pcos. I was told I had to wait 4 weeks for my scan till I moaned earlier and now it's in 2 weeks time

mrschatty Thu 18-Jun-15 17:28:32

I don't have mine until I'm 13+3! Pretty standard I hear. It's such a long time isn't it sad

LumpyCustard69 Thu 18-Jun-15 17:44:43

They've done nothing different with me due to having pcos, with this pregnancy or my first.
Good luck with everything smile

tinyme135 Thu 18-Jun-15 18:01:43

Still can't believe how long they make you wait at times. I'm glad I moaned about it

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: