Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

maternal medicine obstetrics appointment

(7 Posts)
tinyme135 Wed 17-Jun-15 18:54:23

Has anyone been to one of these? I don't even know what it is?

tinyme135 Wed 17-Jun-15 19:09:10

I just looked online and it's saying for high risk pregnancy but I was told that I wasn't.

I'm so confused.

Topsy34 Wed 17-Jun-15 21:05:11

Have you had a letter?

If so i would ring and ask what basis is the appointment for?

It could be they dont like something they saw in your blood test, or could be bmi, or if you have you had a c section before? Or any pre cancer cells?

There are loads of things.

Defo ring ahead and find out, then prepare, prepare, prepare. Ask lots of questions, ask what if we do nothing, demand to see the studies they are basing their opinion on.

tinyme135 Wed 17-Jun-15 21:16:46

Yeah I had it today.

I checked my blood test and they came back normal so I'm guessing it's to do with my pcos or my IBS.

This is my first child so could it be mandatory?

KatyN Wed 17-Jun-15 22:10:01

I got a letter calling me for one of these today. I rang, mine is to assess whether my pregnancy willbe mw lead or consultant.
Last time I was consultant lead because I take anti depressants and I have a couple if fibroids. I then had a baby who spent 10 days in nicu donor sure if Thetis a red flag for consultants too.

The list is huge. Being consultant led is fine... You just get more appointments!!

tinyme135 Wed 17-Jun-15 22:42:30

So there's no need to worry then smile as having pcos I know some flags will pop up, but the midwife said I'm not a high risk. Looks like I'll be telling work I'm pregnant a lot sooner than planned if I might be having more appointments haha "/

tinyme135 Thu 18-Jun-15 09:28:51

Panic over its because of my IBS and random migraine attacks that's why they want to see me smile and I've played my face as they pushed back my dating scan and I went I suffer with pcos surely I'm meant to have one like ASAP and she was like I don't know why they done it how about two weeks from today. So today is a good day smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now