Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Probably been asked a thousand times but...

(17 Posts)
coneywonder Wed 17-Jun-15 17:58:11

How did your labour start?

I've been having dull period like cramps for a few hours now and they are starting to move into my back. They arent painful really just like that dull ache you get before you come on.

Is my body just warming up? I'm only 37 weeks x

weelamb123 Wed 17-Jun-15 18:02:18

Are they constant or coming and going?

coneywonder Wed 17-Jun-15 18:05:55

Coming and going but are not painful just dull and there...if that makes sense

weelamb123 Wed 17-Jun-15 18:11:06

Just keep an eye on them u will know when ur in labour, u wont be able to ignore the pain. Good luck. Ps 37 weeks is full term so it'll be fine xx

coneywonder Wed 17-Jun-15 18:13:27

I will thank you. I know I just wanted bub to cook a little more haha. Xx

ApplesTheHare Wed 17-Jun-15 18:15:57

For me labour cramps (and so I've read, for lots of others??) labour cramps were less like period cramps and more like cramps from food poisoning, I.e. higher, sharper and further back. Every labour is different of course, but as another poster said you'll know when you're in it eventually. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy thanks

coneywonder Wed 17-Jun-15 18:26:38

Thank you smile yeah I have read that too. Just thought it was odd these were coming qnd going. And still are. I don't think it's labour now though. Ahgrrr I don't knowwww

ApplesTheHare Wed 17-Jun-15 18:29:34

Oh sorry I meant to also say I did have period-like cramps coming and going in the weeks running up to labour smile

Runningupthathill82 Wed 17-Jun-15 19:59:42

For me, feeling really bloody grumpy and uncomfortable. I was wriggling about and my back hurt so much I couldn't get settled.

Then I started feeling like I needed a poo, and the backache was so bad that I got into the bath to see if that would help it.

I was trawling MN to see if feeling like you need a poo is a sign of labour. It was, and from there it was 24h of hell til DS arrived!

coneywonder Wed 17-Jun-15 20:42:57

Oh nice one. 24 hours of hell that's just what I wanted to hear!! Haha. Well the pains have stopped now so false alarm

applecore0317 Wed 17-Jun-15 21:01:42

I had irregular braxton hicks all day, then woke up to period type pains and tightenings, timed them for an hour and a half at which point they were regular, then my waters started to go, an hour after that the contractions started which were definitely not period pain like smile

applecore0317 Wed 17-Jun-15 21:02:32

oh and six hours later she was born

SweepTheHalls Wed 17-Jun-15 21:03:26

However, definitely period pain starting both of my labours!

Runningupthathill82 Wed 17-Jun-15 21:37:45

Sorry Coney, it was a typo - I meant 24 hours of fun. Honest :-)

coneywonder Wed 17-Jun-15 21:52:34

Haha thanks runningupthehill.

Thanks ladies. Maybe something will start soon. Knowing my luck I'll go 2 weeks over and be sat here growing from the size of one house to 5 over the next 5 weeks

Roseybee10 Wed 17-Jun-15 22:37:41

Sounds similar to how both my labours started. Good luck x

coneywonder Wed 17-Jun-15 23:11:15

Well I'm feeling very sick that's about it!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now