Talk

Advanced search

GET ME THROUGH!

(8 Posts)
toohardtothinkofaname Wed 17-Jun-15 17:17:51

first 12 weeks of pregnancy are so bloody nail biting & I'm always thinking the worst!

Had a dating scan at 7+5, heartbeat seen, but I'm so nervous for my 'proper' 12 week on Tuesday that something's gone wrong. I've read most mmc occur between weeks 8-10 when fetal abnormalities are detected and I'm worried this could happen. My tummy seems to be growing which I hope is a good sign & morning sickness and fatigue still kicking around slightly so not sure why I'm freaking out.

Can someone tell me something positive/give me a virtual slap?

eurochick Wed 17-Jun-15 17:21:23

Once you've seen a heartbeat, the chances of miscarrying drop significantly.

Distracted15 Wed 17-Jun-15 19:24:05

same!! it's awful isn't it?! my 12 week scan is next wed and it can't come quick enough! good luck for Tuesday x

Shootingstar2289 Wed 17-Jun-15 19:27:28

I think it's common for pregnant ladies to feel anxious before their scan - as well as excited!!

I certainly felt very anxious before my 12 &20 week scans. Worried something will be wrong - thankfully I had a healthy baby growing away and I'm sure you do as well.

Good luck Hun x

toohardtothinkofaname Fri 19-Jun-15 07:14:55

Thank you. I've had some spotting since Sunday so think this has triggered some anxiety. 3 more days smile

Glindathegoodwitch Fri 19-Jun-15 09:40:25

Hi toohard

Hope you are ok and have my fingers crossed for Monday x

Frillsandspills Fri 19-Jun-15 12:04:00

I had some spotting during my pregnancy too which caused a great deal of anxiety. I had it very early on then seen a heartbeat at 6+1 which was very reassuring though the reassurance didn't last. I had more spotting and was constantly at EPU but from what I've gathered as long as it's only spotting and not accompanied by any extreme pain it's nothing to worry about really.

I had my 12 week scan last week and was genuinely surprised to see a live moving baby! It's natural to be anxious but remember that your chances of anything going wrong are so greatly reduced once you've seen the heartbeat smile

Good luck!

toohardtothinkofaname Fri 19-Jun-15 14:22:45

Thank you Glinda, how are you getting on?

Frills, that's comforting to know. I know it's super early for this to happen but I swear some nights & mornings I can feel movement in there so I'm using that as a good sign. I'm so sensitive to my body I knew when I was going to OV the month we were successful & from what ovary 2 weeks in advance (60+ day cycles!) so hoping I'm sensitive for early movement.

Thanks again x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now