Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Really thirsty and exhausted

(7 Posts)
londonliv Wed 17-Jun-15 14:50:50

I'm 27+2 and seem to be really thirsty this week - is this normal? I feel like I am downing water non-stop. I've also been really tired. I feel fine in the morning but by mid-afternoon all I want to do is sleep. I've had quite a stressful period at work recently which has meant that I've been overly anxious and crying a lot so not sure if I am just really run down or if it is something I should be more worried about. Has anyone had anything similar?

Stinkylinky Wed 17-Jun-15 15:12:39

Have you been checked for gestational diabetes?

Lunastarfish Wed 17-Jun-15 15:16:01

I ditto stinkylinky. I have been exhausted throughout my pregnancy, as my BMi is just under 30 I was sent for a gestational diabetes test as that was one of the symptoms ( my iron levels are high so anaemia isn't theproblem). Thirst is the other main symptom. As it turnsout I don't have Gd but You ahould inform your midwife/Gp.

londonliv Wed 17-Jun-15 15:36:50

I haven't been checked yet - do they do this automatically? I have an appointment on Monday with the midwife for my Rhesus injection so should I ask her then?

Stinkylinky Wed 17-Jun-15 15:42:06

No they don't always do it automatically so I would mention it at your next appointment.

They thought I had it at 35 weeks due to high glucose levels in a urine sample, so I did the test and turns out I had just overdone it on M&S Percy Pigs blush

londonliv Wed 17-Jun-15 16:37:12

ah ok - thanks I will. I have been having rather a lot of chocolate & ice-cream cravings so perhaps that is contributing to it too!

Stinkylinky Wed 17-Jun-15 17:29:42

Good luck OP smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now