Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Restless leg relief

(9 Posts)
Trurouge Wed 17-Jun-15 12:00:15

Has anyone suffered with restless leg and if so did you find any way of even getting a little relief. I'm currently pregnant with no.5 and really can't carry on not getting to sleep til 4am for much longer!

bigchangesabound Wed 17-Jun-15 12:07:48

I suffer that and it's got worse with pregnancy. I was advised to up my magnesium so have been taking magnesium citrate (this type was advised) 100mg from Holland and Barratt. Have only just started so don't know if it works yet but it's the only thing I've be told about so far...

Twirlypoos Wed 17-Jun-15 12:13:27

Randomly, the only thing that worked was a bar of soap under the sheet at the end of the bed. I was hugely sceptical ( and still am!) as I'm sure that there is no scientific reason for it to work and might be a placebo effect but it did work.

youlemming Wed 17-Jun-15 13:05:30

I have it during the evening while sitting and was advised on another thread to try eating a banana a day as the potasium will help, along with cool flannels and making sure the legs are not restricted so taking shoes and socks off.
I'm trying everything at the moment as sitting down in the evening is not the relaxing time it should be!

Stinkylinky Wed 17-Jun-15 13:38:04

Walking it off is the only thing that is working for me.

The dogs never had so many walks, he's in his element!

lunalovegood84 Wed 17-Jun-15 16:36:40

My restless legs improved dramatically when I started iron tablets due to being anaemic. I used to be unable to sit on the sofa at night - ended up going to bed early and pressing my legs against the cool bits of the duvet which helped a bit. I found out afterwards that tonic water is recommended, but never tried it.

Trurouge Wed 17-Jun-15 18:24:59

Funny you should mention the tonic water as I know this can be good for cramp and it wasn't until the other day when DH was asking me to describe what I was feeling that I realised it is very similar to the feeling you get right before you get cramp. Will have a go with the tonic and report back my findings x

Cornberry Wed 17-Jun-15 21:34:42

Dehydration makes it worse. Try a glass of water. And walking around.

Cornberry Wed 17-Jun-15 21:35:17

Oh and I second iron deficiency - iron tablets improved mine a lot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now