Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sweating like a mofo!

(3 Posts)
LuluFM Wed 17-Jun-15 10:28:28

Hi there.
Well, this is a bit embarrassing. I'm 21 weeks pregnant and suffering with a sweat problem! Some of my t-shirts are beginning to pong a bit...

Has anyone else experienced this? I don't remember it last time around but this time I can't seem to regulate my temperature at all. I was freezing and wearing socks in bed until about three weeks ago, now the opposite.

I don't mind a bit of (clean, healthy) sweat but I do mind it if I smell! I have one cup of (decaff) coffee a day; my usual diet hasn't really changed - although I am eating more sugar! Do you think that could be it?

chopsface Wed 17-Jun-15 12:49:24

I'm 14w and I stink! I don't know if it's because my nose is more sensitive and I'm picking up on my own odour more or if I am genuinely more smelly pregnant! I did ask a close friend about it and she said she had the same issue which has continued after the birth of her children too! I did read something online a while back about being more aware of your own body odour in order for you to maintain personal hygiene and not get sick.

I have bought these packs of deodorant wipes that are usually with the travel sized shampoos etc and keep them in my bag to freshen up my pits in the loos during the day. Better than layering on more deodorant over the old stuff. Makes me feel much better about myself instead of waddling around like a penguin with my arms pinned against my sides!

LuluFM Wed 17-Jun-15 15:17:43

OMG chopsface - it carried on after she gave birth?? blush
I've got one child and I don't think it happened during/afterwards in my last pregnancy (instead I got carpal tunnel and indigestion...) but that was a different time of year. I really hope it's temporary!

Thanks for the deoderant wipes suggestion. I have been having a quick wash in the disabled loo at lunchtime. I also wear mainly cotton but I'm also going to buy some new (cheap) tops...

Glad to know it's not just me anyway xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now