Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Paracetamol?

(9 Posts)
Emjones88 Tue 16-Jun-15 23:17:48

Hello,

Is it safe for me to take paracetamol? I have bad ear ache and a sore throat developing.

The NHS website says it should be safe but to speak to a GP first. Obviously doctors is closed ATM.

I'm 12weeks btw, scan mon. If that's important.

If I can't I will live, but it is rather sore.

Iloveonionchutney Tue 16-Jun-15 23:19:37

I would, as long as your not taking them all day every day it'll be fine. And you need your rest. Hope you feel better.

Jellybean100 Tue 16-Jun-15 23:25:01

Yes paracetamol is fine, no more than 4g in 24 hours, at least 4 hours between 1g doses xx

rempy Tue 16-Jun-15 23:26:48

Yes, fine. Don't take aspirin or ibuprofen though - so check things like those cold drinks very carefully.

Emjones88 Tue 16-Jun-15 23:27:15

Thank you so much ladies. Xx

ARV1981 Wed 17-Jun-15 07:18:28

Yes, you can take paracetamol. If your throat is sore, make a lemon and honey drink. It's really surprisingly soothing. Squeeze half a lemon into a mug, put around 1 teaspoon of honey (more if you like!) And pour boiling water on it. I add grated ginger as well (around half a teaspoon).
Hope you're feeling better soon xxx flowers

Skiptonlass Wed 17-Jun-15 07:35:36

As long as you have no other reason not to take it normally (liver disease etc) then Yes, you can.

If you develop a fever then see your doctor as a priority.

mousmous Wed 17-Jun-15 07:41:39

yes it should be fine.
take as little as possible for as short as necessary.

Emjones88 Wed 17-Jun-15 08:29:50

Ahh thank you for advice ladies. I have woken up and it's worse with puss on tonsils. Will make a doctors appointment for today. Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now