Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Changing movement

(5 Posts)
MissTwister Tue 16-Jun-15 20:17:05

Before I start this isn't a reduced movement thread!

I'm now 34 weeks and I know the movements change as baby gets bigger but weirdly at the moment if I put my hand on my tummy I can feel a ton of movement that I can't feel from the inside. By hand baby is squirming a lot and is much more active than if I were just counting on 'feeling' movement. Is this common?

youlemming Tue 16-Jun-15 20:24:00

I can quite often see little movments going on but not always feel them, think she may be close against the surface so that she's in constant contact rather than hitting out.

As you say they have less room so there is not so much of the big turns or kicks but smaller wriggles going on.
As long as they are moving about I think it's quite normal.

Bue Tue 16-Jun-15 21:23:14

Yes it is. I am always surprised at the movement I can feel with my hand but on 'feel' it doesn't register at all, or barely.

Topsy34 Wed 17-Jun-15 07:12:03

I think you get used to the kicks, but also i am pretty sure my mw told me there are no nerves inside so you can feel the kicks inside.

As long as the pattern is regular, they severity of the kicks can vary. I think the less room mean the kicks are as big, i always think of it as initially theres room for karate, but as it gets bigger its more like gentle aerobics

MissTwister Wed 17-Jun-15 08:15:12

I think mine is now mostly a bum shuffle! Apart from the massive boot/ star jump it gave me last night as I was trying to sleep...:

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now