Advanced search

What are the best products for you and your baby? From travel systems to sterilisers, you can find out all you need to know from our Mumsnet Best reviews

Find out more

What formula to use along side BF?

(11 Posts)
Stinkylinky Tue 16-Jun-15 15:03:32

As the title says.

I'm planning on combi feeding with formula and breast milk but not sure what formula to get.

Does any one have an recommendations?

Number3cometome Tue 16-Jun-15 15:04:56

Aptimil is great, that's the one I used when switching from EBF to mixed before, and I have brought some in preparation for this time.

OhEmGeee Tue 16-Jun-15 15:39:01

I used Hipp with both DC. I thought they were more settled on it.

MissRainbowBrite Tue 16-Jun-15 15:42:41

I used Hipp, DD seemed unsettled on Aptamil and I thought Hipp suited her better

bodenbiscuit Tue 16-Jun-15 15:43:31

I always used Aptamil.

Roseotto Tue 16-Jun-15 15:45:00

It makes no difference - they are all the same.

dementedpixie Tue 16-Jun-15 15:45:48

Whatever one your lo gets on with and you can get hold of easily. Aptamil and cow and gate are made by the same manufacturer but C&G is cheaper

dementedpixie Tue 16-Jun-15 15:46:21

I wouldn't say they are all the same as some suit better than others.

Number3cometome Tue 16-Jun-15 15:48:59

They are certainly not all the same!

VenusVanDamme Tue 16-Jun-15 15:51:08

DS started on a prescription C&G so we moved him on to their normal milk when he was ready and no issues. Nurses in scbu mentioned that SMA can be a bit 'windy' for a lot of babies but DNs were fine on it.

TinyMonkey Tue 16-Jun-15 20:46:47

Aptamil smells rank, possibly due to the fish oil in it. We moved to Hipp organic as a friend did a taste test of all the formulas and said that, to her, it was the one that tasted most like her breast milk!

I think the Hipp is nicer, although the packaging is a bit fiddly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now