Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Migraine AGAIN!!!!!

(6 Posts)
RockerMummy184 Tue 16-Jun-15 11:03:02

I'm absolutely sick of them! I we suffering horribly between weeks 10 and 18, finally managed to see a doctor that stopped putting it down to my hormones and investigated, and it turned out I have a severe sinus infection and needed ABs. The migraines cleared up and I have had a blissful 2 weeks of no headaches/pain/sickness.

I'm now 22 weeks and they are back with a vengeance! I have spent the last 2 days throwing up. My eyesight is suffering again and I just feel generally rotten!

Paracetamol are doing no good. I have coedine which make me sleepy so reluctant to take while I'm at work. I also have anti-sickness meds, but I have forgotten to bring them to work with me!!

I was told by the time I got to 20 weeks and my hormones settled down this would all be over but it's not and I'm fed up! sad

Any advice on what I can do to help myself? I am drinking plenty of water (At least 2 litres a day on my mw's advice) and have had my eyes tested.

fanjodisfunction Tue 16-Jun-15 11:20:46

I would go back to your gp your infection might not have gone.

MummyPiggy87 Tue 16-Jun-15 23:13:09

I have had PLENTY and apart from drinking loads of water and taking paracetamol the only thing that helped take them away was my 4head stick its about £4, like a Chapstick, you rub it once or twice across your forehead and after a min or two it eases the pain.
Also rest your eyes from TV/phones and laptops etc they make them even worse!!

girlandboy Wed 17-Jun-15 15:41:31

I know it's pricey, but have a look at this. It's completely safe to use during pregnancy. I've got one, and it's been an absolute godsend for my migraines. I wish they'd been around when I was pregnant (many years ago!)
www.cefaly.co.uk/

I know it looks weird, but a lot of people get on very well with it. Also you can have it on a 60 day trial and then if you don't get on with it you'll get nearly all your money back.

Perhaps worth looking into.
Hope you feel better soon.

Guyropes Wed 17-Jun-15 20:06:16

Quit caffeine. It's helped me enormously. (After the initial withdrawal headache)

amarmai Wed 17-Jun-15 20:14:49

I control my migraines by eating the leaves of the feverfew herb as soon as i get symptoms.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now