Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

symptoms disappeared, reassurance please!

(16 Posts)
Distracted15 Tue 16-Jun-15 09:28:16

I'm currently 10 weeks and 6 days pregnant with first baby. Up until about 9 weeks I had tiredness, sore boobs and nausea and then it seemed to disappear overnight.

I actually think I could be slightly more than 10+6 as my cycles were on average about 23 days.

Everything I read is doom and gloom with mmc talk. sad my scan is a week on Wednesday. Please can I hear some positive stories of this happening and everything being fine?!

Thankyouuu

BeatieBo Tue 16-Jun-15 09:32:57

Your symptoms can reduce at this time as the placenta takes over. However everyone is different and what is indicative of a MMC with one person will result in a live baby for another. I've had four pregnancy losses. I had no symptoms at all for the one that resulted in my son and symptoms for some that didn't work out. These first few weeks are a horrible time, you have my sympathies. When is your scan?

BeatieBo Tue 16-Jun-15 09:35:58

Sorry just seen your scan is the week after next. Please try to stop torturing yourself (easier said than done I know!) Until your scan you just won't know. For as many people that tell you they lost their symptoms and baby was fine there will be just as many telling you it meant a MC, I hope the next week goes quickly for you and you see a lovely wriggling bean on your scan.

batfish Tue 16-Jun-15 09:42:50

distracted I never had any symptoms other than sore boobs and even they would come and go - I also read lots of horror stories and was absolutely 100% convicted of bad news when I went for an early scan. But all was absolutely fine and I am now 24 weeks - symptoms are really not much of a marker of whether things are OK or not - some people have none and be fine and others can have loads and not be fine so please remember that no symptoms usually not a sign of anything bad at all. The early weeks had me absolutely worried to death but I wish now I had been able to enjoy it more.

Iloveonionchutney Tue 16-Jun-15 09:44:16

mt first pregnancy I had sore boobs, that was it, lasted a week so I did a test then nothing til I started to get a bump. This penance I didn't find out til 9 weeks and only then because I realised I was eating us out of house and home and realised I couldn't remember when my last period was. I've had plenty of symptoms since my first scan though, I thinking seeing it was definitely real let me properly start feeling everything, I'm 23 weeks now and feel awful!
Fingers crossed everything is fine for you too.

tinyme135 Tue 16-Jun-15 09:55:02

I was in the same boat. I'm 10 weeks today and all of a sudden my symptoms went. I still get tired on some days and I get sick here and there but beside that I feel like my normal self. I started to panic so being silly I took another pregnancy test to make sure I wasn't going crazy (I know it's funny :P) but try not to worry. If you are you can worry with me as this is my first too smile

plonkie Tue 16-Jun-15 09:57:52

My symptoms stopped at 9 weeks too! Then I worried up until the scan like you. It's impossible not to but it's completely normal for symptoms to come and go. My boobs went from being unbelievably sore to completely normal overnight. At 20 weeks I had morning sickness again. All very random! You most likely will be fine but I understand that desperate need to see a bonny baby on the scan :-) x

plonkie Tue 16-Jun-15 09:57:54

My symptoms stopped at 9 weeks too! Then I worried up until the scan like you. It's impossible not to but it's completely normal for symptoms to come and go. My boobs went from being unbelievably sore to completely normal overnight. At 20 weeks I had morning sickness again. All very random! You most likely will be fine but I understand that desperate need to see a bonny baby on the scan :-) x

Roseybee10 Tue 16-Jun-15 10:00:35

Mine reduced both times around 10 weeks xx

toohardtothinkofaname Tue 16-Jun-15 12:01:22

I'm exactly the same as you, just on the edge of 11 weeks & my symptoms have been gradually easing. I've heard it's because placenta is taking over & baby making his own hormones so ours don't have to work as hard. Some days they come back very strong so I relish in my 'good' days now. GL for scan. Mines a week today grin

Distracted15 Tue 16-Jun-15 12:06:24

Thank you for your replies everyone, it really helps! I'd have been none the wiser about mmc if it wasn't for google. I'd still be blissfully unaware! Google is evil! wink

Will update you all hopefully with a happy outcome a week on Wednesday!

(Positive thoughts, positive thoughts, positive thoughts..)

Roseybee10 Tue 16-Jun-15 12:18:27

Google is evil!!!!

I had two early miscarriages so I distinctly remember freaking out the first time I made it to 10 weeks and sore boobs disappeared. Everything was fine though. X

anyagujraal Tue 16-Jun-15 12:50:14

There is nothing to worry about!! Generally the symptoms will disappear during 11th and 12th weeks. This is the time when the placenta comes into action where it regulates baby movements and after 10th week the pregnancy symptoms cant be seen in most women.

Emjones88 Tue 16-Jun-15 23:25:54

I wrote a practically identical post last week;

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/2399135-11-1-and-dont-feel-pregnant-anymore

I found I have good and bad days on the anxiety front of wondering if everything is ok. Then I realised, when it was pointed out that anxiety and emotional-ness are symptoms of pregnancy! Lol

estikat Wed 17-Jun-15 13:49:38

I know what you mean... with my first pregnancy I had terrible exhaustion from the 6th week, nausea from the 7th and then both just kinda disappeared by the 10th week. For that two week period leading up to the 12 week scan I was petrified right up until the scan started... had the biggest sense of relief when the sonographer said I had a perfectly healthy 12 week fetus in there... she turned 2 years old yesterday! Good luck :-)

Distracted15 Wed 17-Jun-15 15:43:52

Thankyou everyone. I'm feeling pretty tired again and getting headaches. Hoping my symptoms have just changed for new ones haha

1 week to go till scan, It can't come blemin quick enough!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now