Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sex after C section.....

(9 Posts)
Rebecca1608 Tue 16-Jun-15 00:30:04

It has only been 17 days since my twins were born and i'm not thinking of DTD in the next couple of days but the bleeding has settled and i was thinking maybe in the next week or two. Do I have to wait for my 6 week check up or is it ok to have sex before then? I feel i have made a good recovery but am anxious it may leave me in agony? I'm looking forward to being intimate with my OH and although we're really busy at the moment with hardly any time we do want "us" time again.

2015isgoingtobeBIG Tue 16-Jun-15 02:25:19

Congrats on your twins. Mine are now 7 weeks old and exhausting but worth it. I think the advice is to have sex whemever you feel ready but be aware you will be super fertile so use a barrier method of contraception. I thought my bleeding had stopped a few times but it then started up again if I did mroohysicqlly, even something innocuous like walking to the shops, so maybe give it a coupl of days and see if you have truly stopped. I felt rally up for sex in the first couple of weeks post bith which I think was due to th hormonal changes because now I'm knackered and its way down th list of priorities but we do make time to be intimate althoguh it is just hugging and kissing mainly.
Good luck!

Want2bSupermum Tue 16-Jun-15 02:31:42

Obn said I had to wait at least 6 weeks because you're not fully healed and there is a small risk you will rupture/ impede recovery.

Rebecca1608 Tue 16-Jun-15 03:30:05

Aahh thanks i thought it was 6 weeks. I've got no contraception atm anyway was just curious as i'm thinking about going for the implant after not getting on with many pills. Me and my OH still have a little kiss and cuddle but i would like to DTD in a couple of weeks maybe when i've seen my GP.

And thanks 2015isgoingtobebig they are very exhausting but absolutely perfect. Even if i am up most of the night with them lol.

cathpip Tue 16-Jun-15 06:23:50

Well you learn something new every day smile, I have had sex after all three of my sections within 4 weeks once the bleeding had subsided. In fairness though we weren't exactly swinging from the light shades!! Oh and contraception is a must........

Foggymist Tue 16-Jun-15 08:52:26

Funny that this post is here this morning! We trieď dtd last night, 10 weeks after an emcs. I didn't intend to wait this long, bleeding stopped after 2 weeks but from week 6-9 I had an upset stomach or was too wrecked. I say we tried last night because penetration was quite painful and we had to stop after a minute, wtf? There was me thinking it'd be fine, a tiny pro of having a section was having my bits ecape unscathed!

Number3cometome Tue 16-Jun-15 09:26:13

I was never told to wait (had 2 sections) and had sex as soon as bleeding stopped without issue. Will do the same this time (but will also ask consultant on Monday!)

Always bound to get different opinions!

Rebecca1608 Tue 16-Jun-15 15:30:21

Hahaha i don't expect to be swinging from the light shade (not straight away anyway) grin everyone will say different you're right but i had heard it was really painful straight after which is putting me off??

Number3cometome Tue 16-Jun-15 15:35:03

Nope, not here!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now