Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Mucus plug

(11 Posts)
Moominy12 Mon 15-Jun-15 17:58:55

36 weeks and still waiting for this to show, I need some hope to make me feel like I'm progressing!

So uncomfortable and tired. Not sleeping at all ��

Anyone have stories about this experience? I'm a first time mummy

AbbeyRoadCrossing Mon 15-Jun-15 18:01:11

36 weeks is still early, I wouldn't worry. I had DS at 36 weeks and I wouldn't recommend it - term babies are easier. Good luck

JugglingLife Mon 15-Jun-15 18:03:14

It doesn't always show anyway, I only had a show with 1 out of 3. Hang on in there it will all be over (or just beginning) before you know it. Try and do some stuff now that won't be possible when baby comes, there's a lovely thread at the moment with suggestions for exactly that.

JugglingLife Mon 15-Jun-15 18:04:07

I'd give you a link but I'm on an iphone, can anybody else post that up for OP ?

sarkymare Mon 15-Jun-15 18:10:25

I never saw my mucous plug or had a bloody show. My waters went at 4am at 38+6, contractions started a little while later and he was born at 4am the next day.

I had read about your mucous plug and having loose stools etc prior to the birth. I had none of that. I had no signs of labour at all until my waters exploded. It took me by surprise if I'm honest. I thought I would have plenty of 'is this a sign?' Moments before it all actually kicked off.

Whatabout Mon 15-Jun-15 18:33:43

No show here last time, my waters went at 41 weeks and labour started 12 hours later. You might have six weeks left yet, can you get a project to start on? Blanket?

Roseybee10 Mon 15-Jun-15 20:31:04

I know this is the last thing you want to hear but most women deliver between 39-42 weeks. I know how miserable you'll be right now but try not to expect anything just yet or it's going to make it a lot more stressful.

Both times my plug going signalled the start of labour. Had show at 40+2 with dd1 and she was born at 40+4.
Dd2 had show at 39+5 and born at 39+6.
X

HappyIdiot Mon 15-Jun-15 20:39:58

I'm the opposite of most of the previous posters. My plug started going at 40+3 and continued to go (in fairly spectacular and gross fashion) throughout my labour. I delivered dd about 48 hours after it first started to come away. My waters on the other hand, they were broken during labour but only went a little bit. The rest went as a massive flood while I was getting the spinal for my emcs! I was a bit worried everyone in theatre would start slipping!

applecore0317 Mon 15-Jun-15 23:24:40

I had a show at 40 weeks following a sweep, and the rest of my plug came away at 40+4, waters broke that night.

Inpup Tue 16-Jun-15 07:47:03

You might be jumping the gun a bit at 36 weeks. Id give it a couple more before you start anticipating it - but you never know...

My plug the first time didn't make any appearance until after my waters had gone in bed at 40+8 when I rolled over in the morning with an audible POP and a huge gush. Thank god for mattress protectors!

Labour started an hour later - very slowly. Hoping its a little more speedy this time.

soloula Tue 16-Jun-15 09:39:35

With DD1 I lost my plug at 40+9 first thing in the morning when I went to the loo. Promptly threw up straight into the toilet when I saw it. Not because it was a bit manky, which it was, but I had a big rush of nerves realising baby was finally on her way! Had no twinges or anything else until I went into labour that night at about 1am.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now