Talk

Advanced search

12 week scan tomorrow

(17 Posts)
Griffomais Mon 15-Jun-15 13:54:32

Hi I have my 12 week scan first thing tomorrow. My 2nd DC and for some reason I am terrified about it - I've had horrendous sickness and I'm on anti sickness meds. Anyone else have their scan this week and feeling a bit apprehensive?x

Glindathegoodwitch Mon 15-Jun-15 14:09:02

Hi Griff

My second DC (ten years since the first!) Scan end of this week. Petrified!!

But we will be ok cake flowers Deep breaths and smiles smile

Griffomais Mon 15-Jun-15 14:11:14

Oh thanks Glinda good luck with yours. My DD is only 19 months so this one was a lovely surprise - everything a bit fresh in my mind from last time lol maybe that's why I'm so nervous grin

Glindathegoodwitch Mon 15-Jun-15 14:14:34

Wow, go you! But you will be fine. I am only 10 weeks but have irregular cycles which is why scan is this week. Hoping that I will be able to go for another in a fortnight, as this is a bit early to do NT checks. Do you think you are at 12 weeks?

Griffomais Mon 15-Jun-15 14:22:37

Id say I'm bang on 12 weeks give or take a day or 2. I've got this irrational fear that I've miscarried but my body hasn't recognised It. It happened to a friend and now I'm worried it might happen to me. Really silly I know. Yes they are bound to scan you again for NT 2 scans instead of one that will be lovely.

Glindathegoodwitch Mon 15-Jun-15 14:39:26

That has been my biggest fear too! Roll on when our baby' start kicking us for reassurance (by which time I will be moaning that the jabs in the ribs are so hard that I feel physically sick! haha)

Yes, the selfish side of me thinks that I would love to have a second scan! it would be a long wait to the 20 week scan other wise!!

GaryWilmotsWedding Mon 15-Jun-15 15:17:42

Can I join please? I have my scan next Monday and I am totally convinced that something has gone wrong too! This is my second and I am as nervous as with the first. I have absolutely no symptoms (apart from no periods...) and like you Griffomais I have had several friends who have experienced a MMC and I am sure it has happened to me. Roll on Monday, I just want to be able to get on with things either way. I thought I'd be more relaxed this time round! Good luck tomorrow x

Glindathegoodwitch Mon 15-Jun-15 15:41:45

hi gary

that's the internet for you! MMC's are so sad and they are on forums like these a lot for obvious reasons - just try to remember that people who suffer sad things like this are often more than likely to post than the people who glide through pregnancy so happily!

good luck for Monday too, not that you will need it smile

Izzie251 Mon 15-Jun-15 16:33:31

I have my first scan too! I was so excited now I'm petrified!! ��

IfYouWereARiverIdLearnToFloat Mon 15-Jun-15 17:37:08

I have my 12/13 week scan early tomorrow too plus seeing the consultant for the first time.

Midwife organised a reassurance scan at 7 weeks as I've mc'd before & have a health issue which mean I'm 7 times more likely to miscarry. But we've seen the heartbeat and my blood tests last week were perfect so I'm just trying to ignore all the worries & stay positive.

Griffomais Tue 16-Jun-15 13:28:27

Well all was fine at the scan - due date 31st Dec. how did you get on ifyouwere?

Glindathegoodwitch Tue 16-Jun-15 14:08:34

Ooooh new years eve baby! How lovely Griff

Good luck Izzie and River

IfYouWereARiverIdLearnToFloat Tue 16-Jun-15 14:18:44

Scan was good, due date 20th December now.

Radiographers were doing an audit so I technically got two scans so they could compare each other's measurements. That meant loads of time looking at baby which was amazing.

GaryWilmotsWedding Tue 16-Jun-15 14:43:31

Brilliant news Griff and River! And what a lovely time of year to be heavily pregnant - you can get all cosy and festive, eat your body weight in loosely Christmas themed foods and basically stop working in mid November because all the non-pregnant people will be doing exactly the same!! Is it all sinking in now?

Glindathegoodwitch Tue 16-Jun-15 15:50:14

Wonderful news River - you are very lucky! Was baby very active?

My scan this week is only going to show that I am 10+4 so still hopeful that they will ask me to come back for NT checks in a couple of weeks.

Oooh how exciting is all this!!

IfYouWereARiverIdLearnToFloat Tue 16-Jun-15 17:13:05

Thanks Gary you are totally right & Christmas is going to be so exciting.

Glinda baby was very chilled out this morning - the radiographer had me on all fours shaking my butt trying to get it to flip round but it wouldn't budge... until they'd taken all measurements & it turned of its own accord at the end. But it was moving a fair bit - curling up & stretching out, moving arms & legs and we saw it swallowing.

Hopefully you'll get two scans then Glinda! Fingers crossed. I saw the consultant afterwards & she said in third trimester I'll have weekly growth scans so that'll be reassuring & good to see baby so much. Good luck for your scan this week it's so amazing!

Glindathegoodwitch Fri 19-Jun-15 08:52:17

That really is lovely River

Had my scan, all is well and baby is growing lovely. So reassuring and as silly as it sounds, I feel .... officially pregnant(?!) It turns out that I am 11+3 so a week further on than I had predicted (although I still think I am right down to ovulation testing - didn't tell the sonographer that though haha) Also, our health board hasn't rolled out the NT testing yet, not until September, so won't get the second scan! Booo! But at least I have reassurance now.

Now the countdown for 20 week scan and 5th Jan 2016!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now