Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can I take lemsip Max capsules?

(12 Posts)
mayaknew Sun 14-Jun-15 23:17:55

Feel like shit and asked DH to bring me something in and that's what he got . It says on the leaflet seek medical advice if pregnant or breastfeeding .

Bair Sun 14-Jun-15 23:19:52

I got told no by my midwife. Not even strepsils. Paracetamol, simple linctus and honey and lemon drinks.

Luciferbox Sun 14-Jun-15 23:22:09

I was also told no when I had a horrid cold. Sorry.

HelenF350 Sun 14-Jun-15 23:23:07

It has a decongestant in it, I wouldn't take it.

Jackiebrambles Sun 14-Jun-15 23:24:19

Sorry, no. Decongestants are not advised.

Plain paracetamol and rest up. It's shit I'm afraid.

Girlwithnotattoos Sun 14-Jun-15 23:24:49

No the decongestant will dilate your blood vessels (that's how you breathe more easily) and could seriously affect your blood pressure - not advisable in pregnancy. Stick to paracetamol and put some tea tree oil in hot water and inhale the steam it works wonders.

mayaknew Sun 14-Jun-15 23:36:49

Ah ok . Oh well DDs calpol it is then thank you smile

Chchchchanging Mon 15-Jun-15 00:04:56

Nope sorry

ARV1981 Mon 15-Jun-15 06:56:36

Lemon, honey and ginger drink works surprisingly well. I had a stinker of a cold a few weeks ago and this and paracetamol had me feeling better. It smoothes a sore throat.

Put a teaspoon of honey with the juice of half a lemon and around half a teaspoon of grated ginger (Indian shops sell jars of grated ginger, or you could just grate some yourself - I keep a piece of root ginger in the freezer for grating) in a mug and pour boiling water over, stir.

It tastes better than Lemsip!

I hope you're feeling better soon flowers

tinyme135 Mon 15-Jun-15 08:02:49

Like all the other ladies said no you can't sorry. I work in a pharmacy and I have to explain the reason why on many basis. Sorry "/ but hope you get better soo

mayaknew Mon 15-Jun-15 09:45:34

Thanks everyone . I've just been sent home from placement I have a temp now too . Think regular paracetamol and a few days in bed is on the cards for me sadsad

Bair Mon 15-Jun-15 09:50:05

Look after yourself Maya. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now