Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I've started to bleed :-(

(16 Posts)
Newlywed123 Sun 14-Jun-15 12:43:02

I've been having Brown discharge for the past week (around 6 weeks) but today it's turned into quite abit of bloody red discharge.
I've had a stillborn and 2 early miscarriages already sad beyond Fed up!

sizethree Sun 14-Jun-15 12:47:43

I'm so sorry yours having such an awful time. You've been through so much already. My heart goes out to you.
Have you called your local Early Pregnancy Unit for advice? They may be able to get you in for a scan tomorrow.
I know you've been through similar before, and you'll be prepared or the worst but do keep a big of hope until you know for sure what's going on.
Have you been referred to the Recurrent Miscarriage Clinic to do tests on any underlying reasons for these losses. I've had three miscarriages and it's so difficult to keep going. X

Newlywed123 Sun 14-Jun-15 12:50:38

I have had tests and I have no problems which affects early Pregnancy. I don't know if my local one is open Sundays. We rung for a scan last week and they said they wouldn't give us one until 8 week's which is a while to wait sad

CoperCabana Sun 14-Jun-15 12:53:18

So sorry to hear what you have been through. I really hope this turns out ok. It probably doesn't help but I bled through two of my pregnancies. The first was huge gushes of blood, and with DD2 it was more like spotting. Wishing you lots of luck.

sizethree Sun 14-Jun-15 13:42:32

Please give them a call. I'm in edinburgh and my local one is open, do hopefully yours will be too. If not you should be able to someone in the departmebt to book you gut hit tomorrow. 8 weeks seems a long time to wait, especially as by 6 wedks you can usually see a heartbeat.
There's a few meducal trials on at the moment specifically for unexplained recurrent muscarriage. I'm in the Response trial and there's a new one launched last week for progesterone based medicine for bleeding in early pregnancy. The Miscarriage Assiciation posted the info last Wedsnesday I think. Worth looking up.
Please let us know how you're getting on.

tattyteddy Sun 14-Jun-15 14:38:18

Sorry to hear that OP, hope all is well and is echo getting it checked out xx

Newlywed123 Mon 15-Jun-15 14:14:50

Thank you for the replies, I had a scan this morning and they could see a very small embryo about 5week's. My last cycle was 35 day's (I'm usually 28) which is why baby is a week behind. Going back in 2 weeks and will hopefully see a hb! Bleeding has stopped, but still getting a few cramps.

sizethree Mon 15-Jun-15 17:56:33

That must be a relief for you.
I hope these next two weeks past fast for you and you get more reassurance at the follow up scan.

Newlywed123 Mon 15-Jun-15 20:02:38

Thank you Sizethree

Going to relax but stay busy, if I don't have any more bleeding my thoughts will stay positive smile

sizethree Mon 15-Jun-15 20:58:07

They'll feel like a loooooong 2 weeks, but it's was a good outcome today and the fact you've stopped bleeding is also really positive so hopefully that will put your mind at rest.
Get a massive To Do list on the go and I'll try speeding time up for you.
Please update after your next scan. Thinking of you.

toohardtothinkofaname Mon 15-Jun-15 21:57:54

Hope all goes well flowers

orangutanhihio Mon 15-Jun-15 22:05:10

Good luck, hope it goes well for you x

I had some massive gushes of red blood in this pregnancy but thankfully the embryo was alright and is now a baby, so stay positive that bleeding doesn't always mean a miscarriage.

Battleshiphips Mon 15-Jun-15 22:15:23

I had quite a bad bleed with clots quite early on, I think around 7 weeks, everything was fine though. I think it just happens sometimes. I hope everything goes ok for you. X

Newlywed123 Wed 17-Jun-15 10:01:48

I've started bleeding again, something doesn't feel right. I'm trying to stay positive but it's so hard! Every time I've bled its had a bad outcome, atleast I have my 1 year old putting a smile on my face smile X

sizethree Wed 17-Jun-15 10:06:45

Oh newly I'm so sorry. It must be worrying.
Worth giving your EPU a call to update them. I think they don't scan unless they are a week apart, so you may have to wait until Monday.
Hoping that is just a little bleed and will stop and everything is fine. I'll be thinking of you.

Newlywed123 Wed 17-Jun-15 10:10:40

Thank you sizethree I'm going to wait a couple of days to see if the bleeding continues and if it does I'm going to call and see if they can give me a scan on Monday X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now