Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Morning sickness

(6 Posts)
Starfish25 Sun 14-Jun-15 10:44:24

Hi, I'm starting to get bad sickness is there anything I can do to calm it down? Me and my bf are currently living with my parents an they don't know about me being prg. I mc last time and I don't wanna get their hopes up or mine either (really hoping this one is a sticky one) that's why I haven't told them yet. I've been feeling rotten like I've been drinking? Like the shaky feeling has anyone else felt like this?

mayaknew Sun 14-Jun-15 10:57:30

Yes I had this with my second pregnancy I felt like I was hungover for 3 months sadsad it's awful .

I could only really stomach biscuits and crackers so nibbled on them throughout the day . And drank lots of milk to calm the reflux . Hope you feel better soon thanks

Starfish25 Sun 14-Jun-15 11:04:38

Oh it's a blessing to know I'm not the only one to feel like this was starting to think I was diabetic with feeling shaky.

Thanks for the tips I'll get some crackers in. I'm sure someone told me that your not meant to drink milk while pregnant? Which I didn't totally understand why.
Thank u xx

Sparkles23 Sun 14-Jun-15 11:36:24

I'm pregnant with DC3 and have had bad sickness through all my pregnancies up until 20 weeks, so horrid (currently 8 weeks). What I find helps is eating a couple of biscuits in bed before sitting up in the morning (it's gross but just stops me puking!) and also sea bands/travel sickness bands, they just take the edge off it so I wear these all day (hidden under long sleeves) you need to make sure they are positioned correctly but they do help as well as always having snacks in bag, nibbling little and often and basically eat whatever you fancy and don't worry if you lose weight (I always go gaunt/skinny at the beginning) the baby won't suffer (they are parasites in the nicest possible way, it's us that suffer!). The sickness is also a good sign you have a nice strong pregnancy there!

mayaknew Sun 14-Jun-15 11:42:02

Sparkles I'm 7+3 with dc3 we must be due around the same time . OP when are you due ?

I haven't had any sickness so far but the reflux is definitely back sad and the dreaded pregnancy fatigue zzzzzzz grin

Shootingstar2289 Sun 14-Jun-15 12:19:15

Eat little and often - even if you don't feel like if.

When pregnant with my first, I had terrible sickness and couldn't eat at all and I always felt terrible.

Second time around, I made myself eat (even though I didn't fancy much) as I needed the energy to run around after my son! I used to feel so much better after 'forcing' myself to eat.

Other tips:
*drink plenty of fluids
*get plenty of sleep
*rest as much as possible
*try travel sickness bands
*I used to eat fizzy haribo, ice lollies, bread sticks and rich tea to help me feel better. Eat what you fancy, even if it's really unhealthy lol.

I hope you feel better very soon! Good luck smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now