Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Do I need double buggy?

(13 Posts)
Mamamia321 Sat 13-Jun-15 23:18:29

I have two ds one aged 6 and one aged 3. Dd3 due in a month. Ds2 still is in a pushchair but likes to walk. My problem is I have a bad back and can't see myself managing with a double buggy. At the same time bit worried ds2 not ready to be buggy free! Advice please? Need to buy something for baby as gave away last pram and time is ticking. Is there such a thing as a very lightweight double buggy? At moment I am trying to secure a second hand giggle2 as only 6 kg!

OhEmGeee Sat 13-Jun-15 23:31:44

Have you considered a buggy board? We have one and DS is 3 and uses it.

Meowandchoppychops Sat 13-Jun-15 23:44:13

My boss got a buggy board when thier second arrived, and their DS1 was 2. Meant they couldn't walk far but managed without having to buy a double buggy

Nel1975 Sat 13-Jun-15 23:51:52

My DD was only just turned 2 when I had DS and we never got a double buggy. She was a good walker and we have a buggy board that she uses if we are going a distance (or I need to get somewhere quickly grin)

Roseybee10 Sun 14-Jun-15 05:32:38

Dd1 was 2.5 when dd2 came along and we've managed fine without a double buggy. If we're going to have a long day I take the sling for the baby and give the toddler re option of a rest for a bit in the pram.

Mamamia321 Sun 14-Jun-15 22:56:49

Yes have a buggy board but apparently wont go with pram I have eye on. Sling sounds like a good compromise will get mine out and wash. Thanks

fixuplooksharp Mon 15-Jun-15 11:57:07

Mamamia I could have written your post, it's my exact situation too smile
My DS is 3 on Wednesday and still uses buggy occasionally, I am quite unsure what to do. I am getting an Icandy Peach 3 and they don't recommend a buggy board, although when I went to the shop (small independent) they suggested one and said a double would be a waste of money for the amount of time/use it would get. They said lots of people with Icandy's still use a buggy board even though it's not covered on warranty?? Still a bit confused. I am going to look at buggy boards, I had one for my eldest DS when my youngest was born but they are so noisy, it drove me mad!! Wondering if they do them with quieter wheels!! lol!!

AmberLav Mon 15-Jun-15 14:22:39

I used a buggy board with an ICandy Cherry, and it was fine, but it does null and void the warranty, but by then it was two years old anyway. I put DS on a buggy board from just over 2 years, then evicted him at 3.5, as he'd have been riding round in style for years if he had had the choice!

CityDweller Mon 15-Jun-15 14:27:41

I think this greatly depends on your child and how far you walk/ how many long days out you have/ whether older child still naps in buggy.

I'll have a 2.5 yr age gap and won't get a double, but will get a buggy board, as a) I couldn't get it in my flat or in the lift in my block; b) DD already prefers to walk than go in the buggy and c) she never really naps in the buggy.

My neighbour had a 2.25 yr age gap and didn't bother with one either.

DrinkGirlsFeck Mon 15-Jun-15 14:59:43

I thought I could do without and had a buggy board. I was wrong. hmm (2.9 year gap.). We do walk a lot but dc1 was impossible if tired. Also I found the pram plus buggy board much harder to push than a good double (eg out n about or bjcm). I resold it after 9 months when dc1 was a more reliable walker for only £90 less than I paid. It was well worth a tenner a month!

Mamamia321 Mon 15-Jun-15 23:46:52

Ah good point, is it harder to push a pram with a buggy board? I just don't think I could lift a double buggy at all! I am aiming at second hand pram anyhow so no warranty

Emus Tue 16-Jun-15 09:31:06

We bought a second hand double buggy for our DS who is 2 and our baby who is due next week. We bought it a while ago and not really sure it'll get much use now as DS loves to walk everywhere. We will mostly use the double when we are out for the whole day as DS has an afternoon nap so obviously this will help. Pleased we didn't spend too much money on it now though.

OhEmGeee Tue 16-Jun-15 10:10:25

If you're going to get a double buggy get a Phil and Teds as you can play around with the seating options and the second seat just clips on and off. It's also great to push and easy to fold. It's quite compact really.

The buggy board does make the pram more difficult to push yes and I find DS doesn't always want to stand.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now