Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Movements at 34 weeks - today just not as strong?

(11 Posts)
seamistbythesea Sat 13-Jun-15 20:14:33

Just starting to get worried as can feel baby moving today, but its not as strong as usual. Not sure if I should be phoning MW. Its only me and DS at home so if I needed to go in would have to find babysitter sad WWYD?

Passionwagon Sat 13-Jun-15 20:17:32

How old is DS? the baby will probably be absolutely fine but i would definitely call midwife. They will probably suggest being monitored for half an hour or so, and if it were me I would arrange babysitter or take DS with you.

Goldmandra Sat 13-Jun-15 20:19:51

Yes. Call the midwife. No question.

Can you phone someone to pick DS up if you have to go in?

WellErrr Sat 13-Jun-15 20:20:27

If in doubt, check it out.

MissTwister Sat 13-Jun-15 20:45:07

When I ring they always say as long as you've felt baby ten times today - but I think that's outdated...

I can't really advise on movements as my one changes every day - some days active, some not.....

zen1980 Sat 13-Jun-15 20:46:44

This was exactly me earlier today, I'm 31 +4 but movements had been full since late last night. Ended up taking little one with me. Was monitored and checked out, movements picked up and they have booked a scan for mon to check blood flow. Felt a lot better going in an they reassured me to call if feel worried again over weekend. Don't feel like your mithering anyone just call them x

vicky123uk Sat 13-Jun-15 20:48:35

Get checked out x

Number3cometome Sun 14-Jun-15 12:18:23

If your movement is reduced you MUST get checked.

Always best to be safe. Take DS with you if you have to x

S2b16 Sun 14-Jun-15 14:33:00

I was there last week for the same reason, he was moving, just not as active or as strong. 20 minutes on the monitor and a few "sleepy" periods but all was fine. He's been more active since.
Try the cold, sugary drink and lay down and pay attention to movements, I try put a bit of pressure on top of bump to mimic the monitor (as he usually goes mad once on monitor)....if your worried at all tho I would go get checked over. Take ds and a book/game for him. I had to take both my dds last week and the hospital don't mind-might even get you seen a bit quicker wink

seamistbythesea Sun 14-Jun-15 17:55:48

Felt barely any movement overnight so went in early this morning. All fine - but my goodness I was crying on the way there this morning wishing I had gone it last night. Anyway, all ok smile

S2b16 Sun 14-Jun-15 18:56:45

Don't beat yourself up, we all try reason why these things happen, then we still worry and once were on monitor baby makes up for being trouble, mine does anyway (so I look like a liar). So glad everything is ok for you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now