Talk

Advanced search

Worried about upper ab / stomach pain :(

(10 Posts)
louisejanep Sat 13-Jun-15 15:50:26

I'm 36 + 5 days and today for the last 2 hours I have had the most intense stomach pain really high up. I was in agony before it's died down a little bit now but seems to be constantly there coming and going a little. I've had stomach ache n and off now for a week. Last weekend I also had stringy discharge which was tinged pink.

I've just rang the labour ward and asked for some advice, the midwife. Told me to take some paracetamol , lie down and if the pain is still there in the next couple of hours , phone back.

I'm really worried though as generally feel dizzy and unwell. Has anybody else experienced this?!

PrincessShcherbatskaya Sat 13-Jun-15 15:56:22

Did you tell the midwife you spoke to that you also feel dizzy and unwell? I think you should get yourself seen to be on the safe side - do you have access to a maternity assessment unit?

louisejanep Sat 13-Jun-15 16:13:46

Yes I told the midwife I feel dizzy and unwell she just said to lie down for a couple of hours. I'm not too sure, the only numbers I have in my notes is labour ward and community midwives.

louisejanep Sat 13-Jun-15 17:01:33

Can you just go and get yourself seen to ? Sorry if that sounds like a stupid question

PrincessShcherbatskaya Sat 13-Jun-15 20:55:54

Sorry for late reply - the hospital that is in charge of your care should have a maternity assessment unit. You need to be seen to rule out pre-eclampsia. Abdominal pain and dizziness need to be investigated. Ring 111 if in doubt.

PrincessShcherbatskaya Sat 13-Jun-15 20:56:34

Phone the labour ward for advice - they can tell you what to do. Good luck.

Koalafications Sat 13-Jun-15 20:57:37

This is one of the symptoms of pre eclampsia. Please call your Day Assessment Unit and ask to be seen.

Penguinandminipenguin Sat 13-Jun-15 21:00:07

How are you now? Hope you got checked out.

louisejanep Sat 13-Jun-15 23:46:32

I haven't had the pain since I took the paracetamol. She said if I had blurry vision or headache to call back but I've not had that. I'm not sure what my day assessment unit is, is it the hospital / labour ward no.? Xx

MrsAnxiety1 Sun 14-Jun-15 05:34:51

For any out of hours care, you should have a number in your maternity notes to ring... Most things are dealt with by the labour/delivery ward when the pregnancy assessment unit is closed, but if you ring them they'll know what to do smile Hope you're feeling better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now