Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

39 weeks - sleeping and neck pain, insanity looming!

(3 Posts)
Teeste Sat 13-Jun-15 15:28:45

I'm presuming it's something to do with relaxin and joints and whatnot, but I get really horrible neck pains that sometimes turn into headaches up the back of my head.

I've tried different amounts of pillows in all kinds of arrangements and nothing really seems to work. If I only use one or two pillows, I'm guaranteed horrible headaches all the next day. I can only seem to avoid them if I use a long maternity pillow under my neck, but that causes these muscle aches in my neck too!

I'm slowly going insane with lack of sleep and pains. Anyone got any good ideas or experience?

Purpleboa Sat 13-Jun-15 17:29:22

I'm afraid I can't offer any advice on this, just a lot of sympathy. I'm also 39 weeks and sleeping positions can be painful. Also got tendonitis and carpal tunnel, so am sick of waking up with my hands like claws! Pregnancy is the gift that just keeps on giving, eh?

Have you tried a heated pillow/ice on your neck before you go to sleep? I really hope that someone will be along with better advice than me. Not long to go now - we CAN do this !

Teeste Sat 13-Jun-15 21:48:11

Aww, thanks Purpleboa! And back atcha for the claw hands, that sounds painful sad

I bought a heaty wheaty bag thing which helps, but doesn't fix it. I might try sleeping upright on the sofa or something. I'm being induced on the 22nd if nothing happens before then, so I do have an end date, but then I read that relaxin carries on going after birth, especially if you breastfeed. So that's depressing! Bloody hormones angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now