Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sickness injection

(6 Posts)
LoveLetters Sat 13-Jun-15 12:24:53

My midwife offered sickness injection as I'm not keeping any food down and I'm loosing weight fast. Anyone had this or know if it's harmful to baby x

sarkymare Sat 13-Jun-15 12:44:37

Is this cyclizine in the thigh by any chance?

LoveLetters Sat 13-Jun-15 12:53:40

I think so.

Penguinandminipenguin Sat 13-Jun-15 13:39:37

I don't know anything about this sorry, but if they are offering it to you knowing you are pregnant, it must be deemed safe for use during pregnancy as the risk of you being dehydrated would outweigh other risks.
My best advice to you would be to join the Hypermesis support thread on here. The girls on there are really knowledgeable and they'd be able to advise you further smile

sarkymare Sat 13-Jun-15 14:02:55

In that case I've had this many a times. Cyclizine is one of the more common antisickness medications given in pregnancy. I have it in tablet form too and have had the liquid form through an IV in hospital.

As I understand it it's perfectly safe to take. Much much safer than you becoming dehydrated/malnourished.

The Injection is more painful than a blood test, it makes your bum/thigh cramp whilst the liquid is going in but that wears off pretty quickly.

Newtobecomingamum Sat 13-Jun-15 14:06:29

Hi, I had the injection and thought it was bloody painful! I had it in the bottom as doc said best place.

Didn't work for me at all, but it's worth a try as it may work differently for other people.

Good luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now