Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Worried about preeclampsia?

(8 Posts)
Moominy12 Sat 13-Jun-15 09:14:56

I'm 35 weeks....So last week my urine sample showed a little protein so was sent off for a possible uti. I've been waiting over a week for the results.

But last night I had the first migraine in months where your eyes have flashing white spots and woken up with a headache. I've been moaning the last few days with a pain under my right ribs but I'm just assuming it's baby's foot giving me a kick.

Am I being dramatic? Is this normal seems I'm a first time mummy. I have my baby shower today too!

gnoomi Sat 13-Jun-15 09:16:29

Ring the midwife. Better to be safe than sorry.

bittapitta Sat 13-Jun-15 09:18:21

Wow no you are not being dramatic, please get checked out.

lotsofcheese Sat 13-Jun-15 09:19:10

Ring now.

Speaking as someone who had severe PE & no symptoms. At all.

AmandaTanen Sat 13-Jun-15 09:21:07

Agree with the others, please ring your midwife. PE sucks.

ginagslovechild Sat 13-Jun-15 09:23:04

I had pre eclampsia, not something to ignore please ring your maternal assessment unit ASAP

LadyBarlow Sat 13-Jun-15 09:24:03

Get it checked today, best to be on the safe side.
This happened to me but much earlier in my pregnancy with DS. The headache you've described was my first sign & I'm very glad I acted quickly.

Penguinandminipenguin Sat 13-Jun-15 13:41:14

Agree with all the pp re getting this checked out today. Fingers crossed it's nothing, but always best to be safe than sorry. Let us know how you get on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now