Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

waters broke 62hrs agi

(19 Posts)
spangle02 Fri 12-Jun-15 22:54:48

Hi my daughter in law waters broke 62hrs ago but they are not going to induce her until the morning another 8 hrs is this Normal? Its been a long time since I gave birth and things change all the time. I thought it was dangerous to leave the baby without fluid.

TheVeryHungryPreggo Fri 12-Jun-15 23:15:57

Sounds odd to me, but I guess it depends how many VEs they are doing in that time - that's where the risk of infection comes from when the waters break. I had about 48 hours between waters breaking and DS being born, 40+ hours before I was given the syntocinon, but I was on an antibiotic drip after about 30 hours when it became clear things were moving too slowly. As long as she is on antibiotics and being monitored but not too many VEs, she and baby will probably be ok, though it does seem like a very long time.

spangle02 Fri 12-Jun-15 23:48:07

They have sent her back home a 45 minute drive away from the hospital and told them to come back in the morning to be induced.

spangle02 Fri 12-Jun-15 23:49:34

They have been sent home a 45 minute drive away from the hospital and been told to go back in the morning to be induced.

spangle02 Fri 12-Jun-15 23:50:51

Sorry for double post didn't think the first one had sent as chrome stopped on my phone.

AuditAngel Fri 12-Jun-15 23:54:50

He she asked for a copy of the hospital's policy? I had DS almost 11 years ago,my water broke early hours (4am) of Thursday morning, admitted 9pm Friday, induction failed Friday night, again on Saturday morning.

DS born 7.30 on Sunday morning.

spangle02 Fri 12-Jun-15 23:55:07

Didnt help when i was watching 999 what's your emergency earlier it was about father's having to deliver the baby with instructions from the ambulance service lol it's my sons first baby I can just imagine him having to do that.

applecore0317 Fri 12-Jun-15 23:58:23

Was it her full waters? if just hind waters that might be why. My hind waters went first and when my main waters went it was a massive difference volume wise. The tisrrisk of infection with hind waters is much lower

spangle02 Fri 12-Jun-15 23:59:26

I presume that's the hospitals policy to wait 72hrs. I'm not sure if she has been given a copy as only been in touch briefly by text. But they want me at the birth so gping to bed fully clothed just incase i get a call in the night.

GlitterTwinkleToes Sat 13-Jun-15 00:01:18

Full waters broke at 31+2. Dd was born at 32+4. Bearing in mind that I.was admitted.into.hospital and was having lots of.tests, regular scans, infusions I'm sure that it is pretty standard as I take it she's not having contractions or pains at all?

spangle02 Sat 13-Jun-15 00:03:45

I've had three children and i dont have a clue what hind waters are lol bur i presume that's what it is don't think she had the big gush like I remember from years ago it's more like a leaking pipe i think.

spangle02 Sat 13-Jun-15 00:06:04

She has had no contractions yet.

GlitterTwinkleToes Sat 13-Jun-15 00:06:54

Didn't the hospital scan her?

Ooohh exciting times fo you. A new baby in.the family grin

applecore0317 Sat 13-Jun-15 00:12:59

Hind waters release as more of a trickle or small gush, the forewaters go like niagra falls.

Sounds like it's her hind waters which might be why they are leaving it a little longer

pinkie1982 Sat 13-Jun-15 00:37:50

My waters went at 33+2 and I had to wait until 34weeks to be induced. DS was born 1st June. I'm still in hospital with him now. Not ready to go home just yet. He was only 3lb 13oz.

I went home having to make a note of waters colour, temperature every four hours and was on antibiotics to ward off infection.

Some hospitals will make you wait until 36 weeks.

pinkie1982 Sat 13-Jun-15 00:38:12

And mine was both waters

flipflump Sat 13-Jun-15 07:31:13

My waters broke at 4am, 28 hours later I was induced. 24hrs after induction I was wheeled through to theatre, they didn't want me to go any longer as the risk of infection was too high.

Roseotto Sat 13-Jun-15 14:20:18

Presumably they know she is GBS negative? I agree, sounds too long to me, given risk of infection. I thought 48 hours was tops.

Roseotto Sat 13-Jun-15 14:21:30

Sorry agree that PROM is different scenario, I was assuming full term baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now