Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Ham and precooked chicken.. Ok?

(5 Posts)
Frankie72 Fri 12-Jun-15 20:09:28

Sat in bed mindlessly googling (dangerous I know!) I've come across advice about not eating ham or precooked sliced chicken?! Anyone any idea how true this is?? This is pretty much what I have been eating for lunch every day so getting a little anxious about it all!

If it is a no no any ideas on a quick and easy lunch on the run? Don't really have time to cook anything :-(

Thanks lovelies!

Topsy34 Fri 12-Jun-15 20:13:41

As long as its in date and kept at the right temp, as you would normally i would eat it.

MissTwister Fri 12-Jun-15 20:28:28

Its US advice not UK. I worried about this for a while and avoided it. Then I found I was avoiding everything which was very dull. Now I just follow NHS advice. Had a lovely ham and gherkin roll for lunch!

scatterbrainedlass Sat 13-Jun-15 09:34:12

Rubbish, as long as it's pre-cooked, packaged and not out of date it's fine. It's probably a good idea to be a little more cautious with rotisserie chicken, make sure it's hot and cooked through, but anything pre-cooked and pre-packed should have passed stringent safety measures.

SaulGood Sat 13-Jun-15 09:41:53

"Pre-packed meat is safe to eat if you're pregnant

Pre-packed meats such as ham and corned beef are safe to eat in pregnancy. Some websites based in other countries may suggest that you avoid pre-packed meats in pregnancy, but this is not the advice in the UK."

These are the actual guidelines for food you might want to avoid in pregnancy. Google can probably find advice against every food going. Stick to reputable sites or you'll never eat. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now